The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone has been so patient while we have been in development over the past year and half with this kit. Finally we are ready to officially release the system for sale to the public.
We are offering promotional pricing for a limited time on the system. Please feel free to contact us directly with any questions and we will do our best to answer them.
Radium Engineering - Blog - New Product: PnP EMS for Lotus 2ZZ-GE

·
Registered
577 Posts
I understand hoping it would be cheaper, but that's less than I had to pay for my custom built solution. I wish this had been out then, it's much cleaner than mine.

Very well done.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Awesome! Its always great to see more tuning options, certainly ones that are plug and play.

For those that are considering a standalone this does look very polished.. and the best part for the consumer is that under the hood it is a really an AEM v2 which many tuners are familiar with.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Cool! I love the attention to detail your products. The harness and bracket look great.

This is a little more ambitious than my mod path but looks like a fabulous option for the hardcore.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I have one question though.

Do I have to purchase the $300 Aux Harness if I want to use a Wideband O2 sensor ? Or there is a way to splice into the actual harness...

I have no use of the relay, speed density and boost controller as I already have a eboost2 controller.

Thank you.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Do I have to purchase the $300 Aux Harness if I want to use a Wideband O2 sensor ? Or there is a way to splice into the actual harness...

I have no use of the relay, speed density and boost controller as I already have a eboost2 controller.
Great question. The aux harness is not necessary if you are just connecting a wideband. The output from your wideband gauge (or controller) will simply splice to the 12pin Deutsch connector (Pin4) on the main harness side.

·
Registered
787 Posts
ECU looks great... but some of the extras seem a bit unreasonable. Advertised as a simple PNP solution yet "NOTE: For a trouble-free plug n' play connection, the Radium Auxiliary Harness should also be purchased"[$299 extra]. And 99$ for a switch? :popcorn:

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
For a trouble-free plug n' play connection, the Radium Auxiliary Harness should also be purchased
The EMS kit comes standard with a "main" harness. The "auxiliary" harness is only used for ancillary options (speed density, wideband 02 hookup, boost control, and prewired fuse/relay output). However, ALL of these auxiliary components can be wired up manually by the user instead of purchasing the aux harness.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Are there base tunes for NA, SC and Turbo?

Sorry, I am not familar with tuning so this is a bit over my head, but interested in learning. I would imagine you would need something close so the engine doesnt go pop.

Or am I way off base with what this does?

·
Registered
5,418 Posts
Are there base tunes for NA, SC and Turbo?

Sorry, I am not familar with tuning so this is a bit over my head, but interested in learning. I would imagine you would need something close so the engine doesnt go pop.

Or am I way off base with what this does?
Did you read the website? They will have base tunes for all 3

"Base maps are included for naturally aspirated, supercharged and turbocharged applications. However, not all cars are the same. These tunes need to be verified by a certified AEM tuner before racing. The fuel tuning can be mapped traditionally in 3D, alpha-N, boost compensated, etc. All Radium base calibrations are tuned using 3D alpha-N with 2D boost compensation. Maps can also be password protected by the tuner to prevent unauthorized usage and sharing."

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The Radium EMS PnP kit also includes a preconfigured Lotus-specific "workspace". These tabs simplify the tuning process by hiding unnecessary universal graphs, tables, and options that are either permanently setup or not applicable to the 2ZZ-GE. Furthermore, this allows commonly used features such as VVTi, boost control, knock control, traction control, etc. to be easily accessible and not buried in the software.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts