The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The car arrived safe and sound this afternoon! I thought I would start another thread since the other ones got sideways.

The car was dusty when it arrived, but it arrive in Texas the same way it left California. Despite being an open trailer and through a broker, the service was outstanding.

Of course, the first thing I did was wash the car. It's an excellent starting point for me as I plan to bring it up to showroom condition (it's really not that far away).

Here's the first pics.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
That is one shiny specimen... Don't change the tail lights ! Love the vertical orientation; it's classic

·
Banned
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks!

I like the encouragement to keep the stock tails lights because that's also the much less expensive route!

·
Registered
514 Posts
Agree 100% -- I absolutely prefer those taillights on this car.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Congrats! I agree on the taillights too - that's what I have and like. I also prefer the dual (outer) exhaust.

How many miles? Do you plan on driving it much or pampering it in the garage?

·
Registered
30 Posts
A hearty congratulations and a hearty +1 on keeping the stock lights! :D

I've always liked the look of those wheels; too bad they won't fit on my '86.

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
A hearty congratulations and a hearty +1 on keeping the stock lights! :D

I've always liked the look of those wheels; too bad they won't fit on my '86.
+1 on the AWI's

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
wow :clap:

·
Banned
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Looks really nice! :coolnana:

How about some interior pics and first drive impressions...
I don't have any good interior pics, but here's a cell phone pic for now of the seats. The leather is in really good shape and just needs a really good cleaning and a touch up in a few spots with some dye. I am going to get a kit from Leatherique because the amount of work needed on the seats is so small that it's not worth taking it to a dye shop.

In terms of first driving impressions -- I am going to have to get used to the clutch over time. When people say the V8 clutch is on/off, they really mean it. I haven't stalled the car yet, so I am pleased with myself for that.

The car has straight pipes. No cats and no mufflers. That needs to change. It's crazy loud and cars without cats stink. I can smell the fumes in my shirt.

I have a bit of the exhaust heat shield rattle, so I'll be working on that soon (ugh), but that's very typical.

There's a lot of little tweaks here and there, but car is really in good shape and everything works.

Attachments

·
Banned
938 Posts
open trailer?-yes?- Why not enclosed ? Is the enclosed trailer much more ?

Holy Moly. You are a brave man. Such a beaut. I could sit by it all day and just look at it.
Nice and a beautiful car. So envious.
How about selling it ?

·
Banned
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Enclosed is about 50% more. Need to save that money for maintenance! Something like 97% of all cars that move by truck move by open trailer anyway, so it's not that risky. Chances are most Lotuses moved by open trailer at some point before being delivered to the customer.

I asked the driver to put it on the top and in the back, and he honored that request. On top is better because if the car above you is a beater, it could damage your paint with falling parts or leaking fluids.

·
Banned
938 Posts
Hello.
Would you please tell me everything about the car.
I have not been following so I am factually challenged.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts