The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so share the temps in your cities.

Here in Chicago today - this is what my car thermometer showed.

It's been hot and NO rain for like a month.

BTW, I get to play a doubleheader in softball tonite at 6pm. Fun!

Attachments

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
105 in Detroit today.......

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
:huh:Oh......there's no global warming tho......:huh:

·
Ticket Magnet
1,055 Posts
Yeah, I just finished a climatology class. We set a one day record Monday ...... For rainfall amount. About 65F and cooling right now. About 20F lower than normal. I'd start a fire, but all of my firewood is too wet!

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Yesterday was the first day I hadn't had to wear a jacket since last August. I had to wear one again today though. Having 10 days of summer sucks ass.

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
WTF? how does it get so hot that far up north? It hasn't even gotten to 90 yet out here in SoCal. Ok, maybe once?

·
Registered
502 Posts
Yeah, I just finished a climatology class. We set a one day record Monday ...... For rainfall amount. About 65F and cooling right now. About 20F lower than normal. I'd start a fire, but all of my firewood is too wet!

You must be in Oregon cause I am in Portland and own a heating and AC company and 65 and rain SUCKS right now, no track time no sales no fun! I was at Oregon raceway park last Saturday and got hailed on, going to the ridge this Saturday and 50% chance of rain with a high of 66

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
:huh:Oh......there's no global warming tho......:huh:
Yeah, but if the Earth is tens of millions of years old and we've been keeping temperature data for 100 years, isn't judging temps over a few weeks/months or even years, like judging the behavior of a human being's life span from a 1 second sample size?

Either way, it's hot as hell and softball last night was not fun!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Averaging 113 this week with a high of 119...but it's a 'dry' heat! :) Undisclosed location in Southwest Asia.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Are you guys driving your Eliges in this weather?

With the AC issues and 'baking back' thing, I'm leaving it in the garage. Not to mention that I worry about engine temps in stop and go traffic.

My daily is a 2012 Jeep Wrangler, but it's fully loaded and the AC CRANKS!!! Honestly, it's such a great feeling to get in a freezing cold car on days like this. Love my Elise, but I don't miss it on a 104 degree day when I leave it at home!

·
Registered
224 Posts
I drive the Exige to work every now and again, like today -- Friday.

Luckily, I have a 'good one', the A/C works great... But I saw 210F on the dash the other day in traffic and started to worry. I've had to refill the coolant twice this season, which is a whole different worry.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Yeah, but if the Earth is tens of millions of years old and we've been keeping temperature data for 100 years, isn't judging temps over a few weeks/months or even years, like judging the behavior of a human being's life span from a 1 second sample size?

Either way, it's hot as hell and softball last night was not fun!
Don't even bother, it's like trying to convince a 5 year old that Santa doesn't exist.

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
It going to be 77degrees here today but it will be "too cold" for my GF because it will be out of her comfort range of 79-82 degrees. lol

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
In 116/117 weather I drive my Evora and love every minute of it. The AC keeps me chilly, the supple leather keeps me comfy, and my radio keeps me rock'n out.

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
BulletTime,
Yes, Mesa Arizona is brutal. That is why I live at the 5000 foot mark in far southern Arizona, much much cooler. Even so, I route my trips to avoid stop and go traffic.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts