The Lotus Cars Community banner

141 - 154 of 154 Posts

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
Quite possible that Bambi will NOT be dodging your bullets next year hombre!

I was planning to make the pilgrimage with one of my buddies who is on the circuit's email list. Apparently they are already announcing ticket pricing. Unfortunately, the new date interferes with the highest of Wisconsin's High Holy Days.....Deer Season!!
This awful Texas drought is now predicted to have an adverse effect on the race date. :eek:

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Who is on the hook for all the infrastructure upgrades amigo? McCombs? No. The taxpayers of Travis County is who. You driven around downtown Austin and it's environs lately? Potholes and crappy streets with no curbs... everywhere. :rolleyes:

No one cares that Red McCombs has contributed dollars to the University of Texas. This racetrack is simply a shrine to his ego and a legacy for the old dude. No way in Hell it will ever see a profit. Wait and see what happens to attendance after the first event in 2013.

:eek:
Montreal is also peppered with potholes and crumbling infrastructure but the tourism for F1 is enormous. Restaurant owners and hotel owners tell me they make more money on that week than over the entire summer. It's a friggin circus that week. Big revenue. And it's getting worse!

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
Montreal also has 100% more Old Skool Charm than ol' Austin hombre!

Montreal is also peppered with potholes and crumbling infrastructure but the tourism for F1 is enormous. Restaurant owners and hotel owners tell me they make more money on that week than over the entire summer. It's a friggin circus that week. Big revenue. And it's getting worse!
Ecclestone was asked about the slow progress of The McCombs Shrine to Self... and he responded by saying "2012 or 2013, it's not the end of the world.

rotfl

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
Just didn't want to see my beloved hometown bent over is all muchacho!

You could see all this coming from miles away... or at least I could apparently. Have always been a fan of F1, since I was a junior high fuzz, but these Rednecks went about it all wrong. :rolleyes:

Jersey is smart for starting with a street race to see how the Bernie Lovin' goes before committing.

:shift:

·
Registered
773 Posts
Just saw this, absolutely no surprise. I suspect that New Jersey will fare even worse. What person in their right mind would want to go there (even though it's right next door to NYC.) Rudest people on the planet, expensive food and accomodations, corrupt police and government, and even filthier than New York (of course that's just my opinion!)

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
Austin Drop Dead Date is December 7th... Pearl Harbor Day!

Just saw this, absolutely no surprise. I suspect that New Jersey will fare even worse. What person in their right mind would want to go there (even though it's right next door to NYC.) Rudest people on the planet, expensive food and accommodations, corrupt police and government, and even filthier than New York (of course that's just my opinion!)
Odd choice or just fate? :huh:

Finances the problem with F1 contract | KXAN.com

Jersey was smart just rolling on a street race to start. Don't you know you always start with drinks first then dinner amigo? ;)

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
So now the Bernie Drop Dead date has been set back to December 7th again?!

Time to cut their loses instead of trying to push a bad position. :rolleyes:

:shift:

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
Just saw this, absolutely no surprise. I suspect that New Jersey will fare even worse. What person in their right mind would want to go there (even though it's right next door to NYC.) Rudest people on the planet, expensive food and accomodations, corrupt police and government, and even filthier than New York (of course that's just my opinion!)
Ahhh, have you actually ever even been to NJ?

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
Yea... here's the Christmas gift from Bernie to my beloved Austin, Texas!

At least we will know for sure within a week.
That hombre is a real sweetheart. :D

However in this case I'd have to say this entire Austin F1 fiasco seems to be more of that Suavo Hellmund's fault... along with his "pardners" McCombs & Epstein.

This all will only end badly.

:(

141 - 154 of 154 Posts