all maintence records
original window sticker
etc etc

FINALLY!!!!

·
Such Administrating
6,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
and yes, in the picture at the gas station, there is a tiny bit of clam damage under the front. Will be fixed soon.

I didn't even get a mile from the sellers house to that gas station before I had 3 kids come up to me and ask about it.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Hope you enjoy your car as much and I am enjoying mine.

Looks great!

·
Premium Member
2,823 Posts
Congratulations Drew. Beautiful looking car you have there. BTW, I think one of the splitters being regularly sold here on LT would probably cover up that small blemish on the chin of the clam. I remember the day I first sat in my 05. Very special moment. Enjoy.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Such Administrating
6,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Congratulations Drew. Beautiful looking car you have there. BTW, I think one of the splitters being regularly sold here on LT would probably cover up that small blemish on the chin of the clam. I remember the day I first sat in my 05. Very special moment. Enjoy.

I was debating on doing a splitter to cover it. I'll have to browse around and see what I like.

Congrats, and nice color choice! Looks to be in great shape. Any mods planned?
I definitely want to do exhaust, but right now, I'm still trying to take it all in!

·
Premium Member
2,823 Posts
I didn't even get a mile from the sellers house to that gas station before I had 3 kids come up to me and ask about it.
Tell those kids what they want to hear. Your reply should sound something like this, "Top speed? Oh, it is way over 200mph, but I try to keep it under 150! Yes, it is a $100,000 car. You say you've only seen this on Gran Turismo 5? Yup, they only made like 20 of these worldwide, so you'll probably never see another one in real life" lol.

On a serious note, I usually ask if they'd like to sit in the drivers seat and take a picture for them with their phone. I don't however, let someone that smells like cigarette smoke or has grease/dirt on them take a seat.

Taking their picture really makes their day, just as it made my year when the owner of a Lamborghini let me sit in his car as a car crazy 10 year old. They only had Polaroids back then, so I never got the picture:)

·
Such Administrating
6,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
On a serious note, I usually ask if they'd like to sit in the drivers seat and take a picture for them with their phone. I don't however, let someone that smells like cigarette smoke or has grease/dirt on them take a seat.
I will definitely be that person. I'd love to let kids/people take pics in it or with it.

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
I always get rubberneckers taking pics/videos while driving down the road. People will ask you what you are driving at stoplights and parking lots and the how fast will it go or how much did that cost? When I bought mine almost two years ago the seller told me if I did not like getting attention then this was not the car for me. Although I enjoy the attention and questions, the best thing is the smile I have on my face every time I see it in the garage or take it for a spirited drive. It is a perpetual happiness machine!

·
Registered
902 Posts
Congratulations! I'm a new owner as well, had my car for ~1 month. I have a Chrome Orange 2005, too.

·
Premium Member
5,193 Posts
CONGRADULATIONS! The attention you get never goes away. Watch for people taking pics and video of your car while driving though. These are amazing machines!

·
Premium Member
6,764 Posts
You'll get used to it like I have after 8 summers!! Esp kids love this car!! Its tangible size wise to them. Enjoy and learn to drive it before you mod it.

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Congrats.. Very nice! Have had mine since the first of the year.. I get the same exhilaration as when I drove it of the lot.. Truly puts a smile on and yes.. Lots of attention! Enjoy!!

·
Such Administrating
6,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Haven't even had it 24 hours and it's already torn apart! Windows needed adjustment bad.

Apparently the previous owner did let it sit alot. Can you make out what this is in the front clam on the passenger side?!?

I'm kind of worried about the oil line failures. My finace wants to cancel our flights and drive it cross country to our wedding but the oil like issues kinda worry me.

·
Registered
902 Posts
That looks like a wasps nest. If it has sat a lot, consider pulling the radio and looking for a mouse nest. Mine sat for most of last year (before I bought it), and I found a nice nest behind the head unit.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Wasp's nest.

Congrats on the car.

BTW, if that's your gf/wife in the pic with the white pants - she looks pissed about something!

·
Such Administrating
6,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Wasp's nest.

Congrats on the car.

BTW, if that's your gf/wife in the pic with the white pants - she looks pissed about something!
It was about 110 degrees at that time and she was just hot and sweaty. I was too excited to worry about it.

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
:clap:

wasp's nest? rotfl

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
It's a good thing that you worked on your doors and found the nest.
It all works out in the end.

vincesf

1 - 20 of 28 Posts