The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my mail slot has been opened(with a hand file hehehe)... also I managed to get the IC shroud of my stocker and have been waiting for the silicone to dry on my RLS ic so I can put it all back together and take it for a spin... and find the washer I dropped :huh:

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ok so I also removed the lower border on the roof scoop grille but I got to say that combination of the RLS IC + fetting + scoop grill mod = wow

I don't have any measuring equipment of any kind but my fingomometer is impressed, before when driving around(either spirited or sluggishly) if I were to park and pop the hatch and feel my IC it was HOT HOT HOT... when I felt it after my drive tonight the SC outlet tube(left) was HOT as was the left side of the IC, but the right side of the IC and the right IC tube were cool to the touch.

I'm still planning on putting some heat shielding (possibly re purposed dash shades) underneath the IC to protect against engine bay heat a bit more , but I am impressed

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
...it's understandable - he's trying to make up two months' lost bonding time compressed into the space of two weeks...

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
still haven't been able to find a heat shield material I like cause our auto parts stores around here apparently are re-supplied by sea snails dragging crates across the ocean floor but there is definitely a temperature gradient across the the RLS IC... something I never had with the stock IC

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
Glad it is working out for you. We will have a heat shield available this summer, still in development.

·
Registered
2008 Lotus Exige-S 240
1,445 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.