The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It breaks my heart but I must sell my 2 week old Elise. It is ardent red with biscuit interior. With touring pack. List was $44 K my total cost with CA tax and license is $48,235.10. Car is in Reno, NV. Perfect condition. 590 miles (550 delivery to here). I've driven it once since I got it home. Unfortunately for me I have a major financial problem that just happened last Friday and a wife that is not to keen on the car. So I would like to sell immediately. PLease PM if your interested. No mark up, would just like to get my money out of it. Thanks
Mark

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
_JD_ said:
That's a little high for a wife in today's market.
:bow:

By the way, this thread is worthless without pictures (of the wife, of course, we know what the car looks like).

Seriously, good luck with the sale. I would assume that your buyer will need to pay sales tax again, which would make it difficult for you to get all your $$$ back. Unless someone has figured out a way around this?

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
Sorry about you having to sell your car, Mark. I hope you can pick one up again soon. :) :up:

Ara

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
With the title of this thread being "It's the wife or the car", I fully expected to see the line:

I'm gonna miss her...

;)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I said I LIKE to get my money out, but I realize that that may not be realistic all offers will be considered. Trust me the car is worth more than the wife, but I'm a community property state so if I divorced she'd get everything I own so selling the car might be pretty cheap. I'm really really not happy about this. It is hard for me just to type this letter. If you know anyone that wants an awsome color combination now-- instead of a year or two down the line please have them get in touch with me.
Mark

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
tahoemark said:
If you know anyone that wants an awsome color combination now-- please have them get in touch with me.
Mark
Blonde, brunette or redhead? ;)

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
I take it you're not allowing test rides? ;)

·
Registered
130 Posts
tahoemark said:
It breaks my heart but I must sell my 2 week old Elise. Unfortunately for me I have a major financial problem that just happened last Friday and a wife that is not to keen on the car.
Mark, thanks for getting back to me so quickly and again I'm sorry to hear such bad news. Wishing you the Best.

Bob

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've had some questions

This is what I paid for the Car
list 40,930
touring 1350
star shield 995
destination 795
total msrp 44070
pdi & doc 370
ca tax3444.10
calic351
total 48235.10

PLEASE MAKE ANY OFFER! Car has mileage to drive home about 530 plus about 50 more car is kept in heated garage with car cover. car is in total new condition you won't be disappointed.

AS to why I'm selling wife and also major financial problem. My mom had surgery last summer and unbeknownst to me she has been fighting with the insurance company. They have turned her down on about 70,000 in bills which the say because it's experimental--- don't get me going on that--- anyway mom doesn't have any money like that so Im going to use this money to help start paying that down-- and yes I'm going to fight the insurance company in the mean time. But after all my Elise is a discreationary purchase and my moms health and finances are not so her I am.

PS Dealer-for what its worth- thought the red/biscuit combination was the best colors they had seen to date.

thanks again
mark

PSS cheapest on Cars.com is 47 k- how about 45 k for mine?

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Good luck tahoemark. Last year had a good $15,000 medical bill that I had to fight the insurance company for, so I know how that can go. :mad:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
offroadr35,
Bought car at Desert European, good old California doesn't let you take car unless you pay sales tax. But nice Nevada credits me CA tax so I don;t have to pay twice. I could have trucked car to Nevada and paid Nevada tax but why bother since tax is the same for me.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Sending you a pmail Mark

Steve

·
Registered
799 Posts
Re: I've had some questions

1st....I hope you are successful with your sale.

But more importantly.......I would just like to say that your reasons below put a lot of things in perspective. The Elise is just a car.....IT'S JUST A CAR!!!

Sometimes I think many of us get lost on here or lose perspective.

Your Mother should be very proud, and your wife. (I'm sure they are.)

Don't mean to hijack your thread either.
It just made me feel good to see that some people in the world really know what is truly important.

tahoemark said:
This is what I paid for the Car
list 40,930
touring 1350
star shield 995
destination 795
total msrp 44070
pdi & doc 370
ca tax3444.10
calic351
total 48235.10

PLEASE MAKE ANY OFFER! Car has mileage to drive home about 530 plus about 50 more car is kept in heated garage with car cover. car is in total new condition you won't be disappointed.

AS to why I'm selling wife and also major financial problem. My mom had surgery last summer and unbeknownst to me she has been fighting with the insurance company. They have turned her down on about 70,000 in bills which the say because it's experimental--- don't get me going on that--- anyway mom doesn't have any money like that so Im going to use this money to help start paying that down-- and yes I'm going to fight the insurance company in the mean time. But after all my Elise is a discreationary purchase and my moms health and finances are not so her I am.

PS Dealer-for what its worth- thought the red/biscuit combination was the best colors they had seen to date.

thanks again
mark

PSS cheapest on Cars.com is 47 k- how about 45 k for mine?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts