The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And the 05 prices have definitely leveled off or even ticked slightly upwards.

We purchased a year ago for ~$30k with about $9k in extra goodies on the car. I've seen a fair number above $31,000 with arguably less equipment. It will be interested to watch how this develops and if the prices continue to rise as the new Elise prices continue to rise.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
469 Posts
my used '05 went down 10% in 15 months. A small price to pay for so much fun. I was looking for a quick sale and probably could've held out for more. But when I have a solid buyer ready to go, not going to squeeze every penny.

mg

·
Registered
489 Posts
I'd imagine once '07's start hitting the market, it'll push prices of older models down further. Plus, if the economy continues to sink, that isn't gonna help either...

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
I'd imagine once '07's start hitting the market, it'll push prices of older models down further. Plus, if the economy continues to sink, that isn't gonna help either...
you mean the '08s?

The catch is that with the economy tankin, the dollar is weak - forcing imports like the Lotus to cost US buyers to have to spend more $ to own.

Of course those of us that already own wish to see our purchases hold their value
and those who don't own are dying to get an Elise for under $30k.

But with new Elise and Exiges going for >$50k, that price is going to influence the value of 05's-07's and keep values up a bit I'd say.
There's definitely a difference about these cars that allow them to hold their value better than others.
you can't even look them up in Kelly Blue Book, etc.

·
Registered
98 Posts
you mean the '08s?

The catch is that with the economy tankin, the dollar is weak - forcing imports like the Lotus to cost US buyers to have to spend more $ to own.

Of course those of us that already own wish to see our purchases hold their value
and those who don't own are dying to get an Elise for under $30k.

But with new Elise and Exiges going for >$50k, that price is going to influence the value of 05's-07's and keep values up a bit I'd say.
There's definitely a difference about these cars that allow them to hold their value better than others.
you can't even look them up in Kelly Blue Book, etc.
I agree with you 100%. Hopefully, the prices of the new ones keep climbing at least to a certain point.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
I have an non-LT friend who just sold his `05 Elise with less than 6k miles for $34k. He never even had it listed on LT. (He put it on Autotrader and eBay)

I think these prices should hold for the time being or until colder weather arrives.

The ones going for +/- $30k seem to be the higher mileage cars.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts