The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New owner alert!:clap: I have fullfilled a lifelong dream of purchasing an Esprit Turbo SE. What a blast to drive! It's an 89 with late model bumpers and center exhaust. Needs a few little things sorted out, i.e. window switches and motors (slow window movement). Engine rebuilt about 6000 miles back after eating some valves. Runs like a beast and just is absolutely the most beautiful automobile ever. The wife even loves it, not to mention the kids. Looking forward to a very long relationship.

·
Premium Member
5,193 Posts
For weeks after I bought mine I would just open the garage door at night just to peek at her. But on this site, you didn't buy it unless you show pics......

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys! I have some decent twisties here in Northern Kentucky. Fun stuff. Plan on taking the wife out on a date for the new Bond movie in November. I can't think of anything better than taking that white Esprit to a Bond movie. I know, it's corny, but man it's fun! I know I need some better pictures. These were not taken by me, but by the PO just before sending it to me.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Congratulations, they are incredibley special cars...I just hope your wife likes yours more than my wife likes mine...

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys. About it being a special beast, I agree. The pedigree is fantastic. And so far the wife is exceedingly pleased (thank goodness), or this relationship would be short for sure. Now its time to work out some of the items on the list.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts