The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried flashing their Evora with the "consumer" Lotus TechCentre software? I'm looking to attempt updating my ECU and see if it solves some troubles I have had with O2 sensors.

The 2 that Lotus has on their site are pretty pricey so curious if anyone has anything they would recommend.

·
Premium Member
1,334 Posts
FWIW, my indie shop told me the ability to perform ECU flashes with TechCentre required different licensing to unlock that functionality.

·
Illegal Alien
4,778 Posts
Very easy to brick this ECU when trying to flash.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
FWIW, my indie shop told me the ability to perform ECU flashes with TechCentre required different licensing to unlock that functionality.
Interesting given that the ECU flashes is one of the few things this is supposed to do

The Lotus 20/20 Diagnostic Software for Independent Retailers will allow the user to carry out the following diagnostic tasks:

• Display ECU Information for all vehicle systems (Part Numbers, Emissions related data, VIN etc)
  • Read and Clear Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) for all vehicle systems
  • Flash Program the Engine Management System, Transmission Control Unit and ABS

Very easy to brick this ECU when trying to flash.
Yeah I figured these things would be a bit temperamental so I'd want to have a cable that might have a proven track record. Using Lotus's own software and updates should hopefully mean that side of the equation is perfectly fine.

I'd go to the dealer but the only one around here is Flow which everyone tells me to avoid :|

·
Illegal Alien
4,778 Posts
Interesting given that the ECU flashes is one of the few things this is supposed to do

Yeah I figured these things would be a bit temperamental so I'd want to have a cable that might have a proven track record. Using Lotus's own software and updates should hopefully mean that side of the equation is perfectly fine.

I'd go to the dealer but the only one around here is Flow which everyone tells me to avoid :|
BOE Fabrication has been working with T4 and T6 ecu's for years, and have accessed full source code. even they are leary of the extra software encryption placed in the E 400 t6 ecu's. These are the same box as used in Series 1 Evora's but have been made much more secure. While cables were sold and updates uploaded for DIY program updates to the T4 Elise/Exige and T6 Series 1 Evora's they are much more cautious on the 400's and update with eco sending only.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts