The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry I missed you guys AGAIN lol. Work rises to be victorious again in my quest for personal time...how was it? Any of the newly tuned Bemani's get out today?

So as of right now, I have a huge meeting on March 18th or 19th and praying it's the 19th so I can finally come out and play on the 18th :eek:

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Awesome day. Shinoo was there in his gorgeous Exige (that's the nicest Lotus I've ever seen IMO - besides yours of course, peter) and this time there was only 1 Porsche in the way and it got hauled away on a flatbed (sorry Roy). Everyone was running faster than ever. Beautiful day!

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome day. Shinoo was there in his gorgeous Exige (that's the nicest Lotus I've ever seen IMO - besides yours of course, peter) and this time there was only 1 Porsche in the way and it got hauled away on a flatbed (sorry Roy). Everyone was running faster than ever. Beautiful day!
Oh no Roy! Hope his car is ok.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Happy Monday!

There are days in life that just seem to be magic, and today was one of them.

Everyone seemed to turn in their best time ever, personal records tumbled left and right. Personally it was my best track day in years, and my Exige S is finally set up perfectly. The after lunch open run group let me do a marathon 84 mile stint, which was only stopped by running out of gas. On lap 29 my tires were working really well, totally predictable, and gave me my first 2:05.00. The cool dense air allowed the cars to run at their absolute best, and on my last session I broke into the 2:04's for the first time ever.

I spent most of the day running with R'elise Me on his new 888's, which seemed to work very well from where I was sitting (mostly behind him trying to keep up!) but as we got deeper into our sessions the A048's seemed to get faster, and we ended up running pretty similar times.

Here is a selection of postcards from the day.

Attachments

·
Registered
985 Posts
The first pic is of a new Exige S in the most stunning pearlescent white color, hard to photograph, but beautiful to behold! The second shot is Alan of Lotus Beverly Hills large brake reservoir kit that eliminates the 'ice mode' that some owners have reported.

Attachments

·
Registered
985 Posts
and last but not least - my favorite shot of the day!! :nanner::nanner:

(and a few car portraits - Roy's GT3 went home on a flatbed due to mechanical failure :( )

Attachments

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Damn! Beautiful pictures!:D
I wish I could've known about this, I would have gone.
Can you clue me in on the next one?
Or is it for advanced Lotus drivers?
I'm a beginner, I would just slow you down...:sad:

--Hal

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hal I slow everyone down all the time haha...holy sh*t Shinoo's Exige is the hotness. Hey so anyone test out the brake reservoir?

·
Registered
269 Posts
...and so i thought my driving had improved, but now i hear everyone's time has improved,oh well...i now have exige envy, my elise looked like a child's toy out there....

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
2:04.34.....Elises rule! SC cars be damned! Seriously, these cars are not toys - not even the Elise. They are serious track killing machines of which there are NO equals (that can be driven home in relative comfort). I leave every track day in awe of what Lotus created for us. What a comprehensive feat of engineering coupled to a brilliantly unique concept. Seeing that GT3 lumber off the track numerous times mechanically damaged with relatively ginger driving and to see so many Lotus cars survive the day driven without a hiccup makes me profoundly respectful of Lotus.

·
shay2nak
24,978 Posts
Jack,

you went back to the RACs? I've seen RACs fitted on Elises, but I have yet to see one in person on the Exige. Can I meet with you to check out your car?

Thanks,
Ara

·
Registered
985 Posts
to see so many Lotus cars survive the day driven without a hiccup makes me profoundly respectful of Lotus.
and Toyota - my/Jack's first Elise did three years & 22K of service as a track car, without so much as a missed beat, and is still in good active service today. These cars are simply perfect for what we use them for - I'd seriously say they are the ultimate in 'drive to the track' reliability.

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
These photos are a nice reminder of what is outside my door as I sit inside drugged up with the flu.

I swear I'll make it back out with the Jack pack one of these days.

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
Wow! looks like an amazing day. I should have come out just to watch. Some day I'll get the nerve to drive on the track with you guys. To those who participated :bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:

I think I'll make Jack a write in as President.

·
Registered
269 Posts
2:04.34.....Elises rule! SC cars be damned! Seriously, these cars are not toys - not even the Elise. They are serious track killing machines of which there are NO equals (that can be driven home in relative comfort). I leave every track day in awe of what Lotus created for us. What a comprehensive feat of engineering coupled to a brilliantly unique concept. Seeing that GT3 lumber off the track numerous times mechanically damaged with relatively ginger driving and to see so many Lotus cars survive the day driven without a hiccup makes me profoundly respectful of Lotus.
yep, I agree...the presence of a supercharger appeared to have little effect on the running order on monday...it seems that some of the fastest people out there were in NA cars. After Monday, i have put my own supercharger plan on hold, but am now salivating about adjustable suspensions and fat r888s...and knock on wood, but the elise is my only car that hasn't required unexpected service in 1.5years...

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
if the 2 cars are set up the same with a pro driving(Craig Stanton) that can max the cornering speeds on both cars a SC'd car is 1-2 sec faster depending on the track. a hp track like big willow will have a bigger spread than the streets or bw. dont forget the sc cars are a 100+ lbs carl

·
Registered
985 Posts
I think that there is another factor at play, drag. I was running hard all day with R'Elise Me, we were always close to each other. I could see where I could gain on him (sweeper & esses) and where he could get away from me (after cotton up to bus stop) and so I think the weight works against the Exige S, as does the downforce, but on the straights I really couldn't pull him in, which leads me to think it has a much less slippery shape too.

My car is stock, except for the suspension and wheels, and we weighted it at 2070 with half a tank of gas. I think that Glen's Elise is almost 200 lbs lighter, as he has lightweight exhausts etc on his, plus a chip & bits. Only in the hands of a Craig can you really get to the place where you can find that extra second or two, on BW CW-13 the Elise really is the equal of the Exige S in anyone else's hands. However on the drive home the S is much easier to live with!:D

1 - 20 of 28 Posts