·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Attachments

·
Registered
385 Posts
Can you use the extended version with the standard diffuser? I've been thinking about getting the Difflow but haven't made up my mind yet. Don't want to buy the standard version only to have to get the extended whenever I go with a new diffuser if I can just get the extended and be safe.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Payment sent!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Can you use the extended version with the standard diffuser? I've been thinking about getting the Difflow but haven't made up my mind yet. Don't want to buy the standard version only to have to get the extended whenever I go with a new diffuser if I can just get the extended and be safe.
Which raises the question of why would one purchase the standard version? AFAICT, the Difflow version offers better functionality at the same price.

·
Absolute power does what?
3,201 Posts
So would these work with Phil/BOE's street rear diffuser? Not sure how that compares to a Difflow.

Also - any thoughts on creating something like this for the front of the car? I HATE lifting my car doing it side to side and really want a lift or other solution - if I could use this to raise the rear, add stands then something to raise the front from the center and add stands that would be ideal.

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Ross,

I assume it would work, as long as the 2 big bolts are accessible on the diffuser body. You'll need the difflow version though to clear the middle fins.

·
3,201 Posts
Ross,

I assume it would work, as long as the 2 big bolts are accessible on the diffuser body. You'll need the difflow version though to clear the middle fins.
Ok, cool - thanks. Now I just need to figure out a way to lift the front!!

·
3,201 Posts
Payment sent - if it doesn't work I'll just resell it to one of you guys :)

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
All orders have shipped, thank you.

Remember, "safety first" when using a lifting device.

Here's some more info:

Keep an eye on the steel tube ( Jack Helper ) while raising the car. The tube needs to remain flush with car and the jack. The jack needs to move forward or back while raising the car. Only slightly.

Most times my car moves and the jack stays still. I don't chock the front wheels.

Please feel free to email me with questions or concerns.

Borrowed post / text from "pixlpush" on ET

Cautionary note for jackstands :

Word of warning when using this type of device. Don't use the side-sill jack points for jack stands. The balance point of the car is right around the side-sill jack point. Which is why you can lift the entire side of the car from these side-sill jack points. Lifting the car from the rear and then placing jack stands under both side-sill jack points will leave it in a precarious state of balance where it's liable to fall backwards. rhinoramps under the rear wheels should be fine but for jack stands you'll still need to pull the tray to expose the rear jackstand points. Otherwise you may end up with a low altitude qball situation in your own garage.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts