The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Follow Up Question

Follow up question...

In the attached picture, where is jack point A? I heard sometimes the sticker isn't placed in the proper position. The pic is the passenger side.

Attachments

·
Vroom vroom
507 Posts
Jacking point C is not anywhere in the picture you provided, look for the rectangular panel with a pattern of fist sized holes in it. Point A is right where the two long beams intersect, so just above the sticker in your picture.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Hey guys!

Attempting to jack the car up so I can remove the tires.

Thanks!
in that 1st picture 'Y' is actually fine to use for a rear a jackstand point (or jack point on a 4-post lift), however you will bend that aluminum shelf if you don't support that pocket above it since its pretty thin (you can actually see that had been used as a stand point before)

although a lift kit exists for that specific spot so you can use a 4-post without needing to remove panels to access 'C' & 'D'

MWR Lift Point Kit

otherwise 'B' & 'A' are the only accessible jack points without removing panels, but 'A' is not a preferred spot for rear jackstands (thus where 'C' & 'D' come into play)

'C' is located under the service panel that would need to be removed (where the naca ducts are)

& 'D' is located under the diffuser (however there is also a helper bar that can be used to jack the whole rear up without removing the diffuser, utilizing bolts located at 'D')

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f95/jack-helper-184682/

TLDR; 2 products are available for lifting convenience... & 'A'/'B' are the only lift points accessible without removing panels

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Help me with point "A." The manual shows the point where the side rail meets the cross member. The sticker does not corresponded with that. Also where the two beams meet (manual) there are 3 bolt heads. Do you just lift there anyway?

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Also where the two beams meet (manual) there are 3 bolt heads. Do you just lift there anyway?
yes, its fine... just use a rubber pad or some type of softer card/particle board to help prevent surface slipping

just pretend the sticker is at this location pictured below... which is about the closest to point A as i could find

1 - 10 of 10 Posts