The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried searching for info on this topic but to no avail...

So I just purchased an OTC racing jack, in hopes that it would be low enough to reach the jack points under the Evora. Alas, still no reach, since the jack points are so far under the car. This is frustrating. Is there a closer point towards the edge of the car to jack it up, and then use those jack points to place jack stands, or should I just use a small ramp to get the jack under there far enough to reach the jack point and jack it up (mind you I want to remove the wheel, though, so i would have to clear jacking up the ramp now too).

Any ideas/help is appreciated.

Joe

·
Registered
156 Posts
I wouldn't rec jacking under any other points. I use a couple of "pre" jack ramps for both using a floor jack and getting the car onto my lift. Basically mine are a 2x6 frame about 2 foot by 3 foot with a angled approach and a 3/4 plywood top. drive the car on and jack away.

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
I just used the rear one to life the whole car onto two wheels - then placed a jack stand under the front spot for safety while I worked on my wheels.

Worked like a charm.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Joe, I've been there also.

Here a little trick I use -- find an old paperback book. Wedge the page side front of the tire you're trying to lift. Should form a mini ramp that you can drive up on. Just drive ford a few inches, stop and pull the hand brake. This should give you enough clearance to get your lift positioned!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts