The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
jack with jack stand Vs Raceramps.

Looking to buy a new jack and stand or maybe a ramp from raceramps.

I like the flexabilty of using a jack and stands, but afraid the jack points on the Evora are to small to jack up and still have ability to place stands.

Chime in all you track rats and grease monkeys:popcorn:

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Race ramps aren't much good if you have to pull a wheel to work on brakes, etc.
The jacking points on the car are well placed for jacking, but hard to use with jack stands. Usually, you can find an alternative "hard point" to locate a jack stand after the car is in the air--maybe a suspension attachment point at the chassis. Just be sure to put a small piece of hard wood between the jack stand the the hard point so that some chassis rotation can be accommodated as other corners are jacked up.

·
Illegal Alien
4,857 Posts
Yes, the Catch-22 jack it up then majically switch over to the jack stands positioned at same points. And to think I purchased Sector 111 jack stands prior to receiving my car.

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does anyone use jack stands?:huh:

What is the trick. or am I making this too hard:wallbang:

·
Registered
7,099 Posts
I love Raceramps on the trailer, but here what would they do they do a Rhinoramp would not do?

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
I have 2 ramps and enjoy them for working underneath the car - when working on the wheels I have jack stands but have never been able to actually use them on this car. Go figure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts