The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've made up my mind to sell my JAE exhaust pipe. Went back to stock because the JAE stuck out a little too much for my taste. I had a local muffler shop reweld to the right angle cause it didn't quite fit right out of the box (Spoke to Jay at JAE about this. Jig probably moved when they made this pipe). Pipe costs over $500 from JAE. Selling for $350 OBO plus shipping. Here's some pictures. You can email me at [email protected] or call at (818) 312-3187 for more details.

Attachments

·
Registered
308 Posts
So, the combo would be no cats and no muffler ---- just a completely straight pipe exhaust ??

Obviously, this would be a "track only" set up. But, even though, I don't see how the stock V8 engine & ECM could run (safely) with such reduced back pressure ---- certainly it would not be able to idle worth a crap, would it ????

Do I smell the scent of burnt exhaust valves, somewhere ;) ?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Works fine and sounds fantastic. You would be surprised how much the turbos muffle the sound and creates the back pressure you need. It's not too loud for the street either and very easy to put back to stock.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
So, the combo would be no cats and no muffler ---- just a completely straight pipe exhaust ??

Obviously, this would be a "track only" set up. But, even though, I don't see how the stock V8 engine & ECM could run (safely) with such reduced back pressure ---- certainly it would not be able to idle worth a crap, would it ????

Do I smell the scent of burnt exhaust valves, somewhere ;) ?
...This hasn't been a car issue for decades.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had the exhaust pipe on a car with cats and no problems. No ecm codes. Only replaces the muffler system.

·
Registered
308 Posts
...This hasn't been a car issue for decades.
Sure, with modern EFI systems able to make continuous A/F mixture adjustments...... but, typically you have to "fool" the ECM by providing a synthetic signal for the O2 sensors (both pre & post cat), right ?

How is that achieved on the Esprit V8 ? I'm sure there is a way, but has anyone sorted it out yet ?

·
My car sneezes
641 Posts
All good Gonzo...maybe someone can pick up the whole set. Bump for Gonzo's test pipes and my exhasut.
Thanks Freddy. The whole set would make a great combo. My car already has test pipes. I bought these test pipes as an extra set to cut up and build a custom exhaust. But after given it some though, I think I'll leave my car as it is; loud!!! :D

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Even with the stock muffler its still loud...which I like also. Super cars need to sound fast...angry and mean. Thats why I love my car.

·
My car sneezes
641 Posts
LOL, talk about timing. Sorry Irox, you'd have to talk to Wayne. He bought them last week. He got a great deal too. lol

Wayne, they should be delivered tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
LOL, talk about timing. Sorry Irox, you'd have to talk to Wayne. He bought them last week.
No worries; found another set. Now I'm looking to sell my 200 cell sport cats. Only have about 200 miles on them; originally from EspritPerformance.com for $1,350

Will let go for $999.99 plus shipping

Sorry for poaching Freddy; still a nice combo package; sport cats and center exhaust...

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
No worries. 250 is my final price people. I'll even pay for shipping anywhere in th.e continetal US. Let me know.

No worries; found another set. Now I'm looking to sell my 200 cell sport cats. Only have about 200 miles on them; originally from EspritPerformance.com for $1,350

Will let go for $999.99 plus shipping

Sorry for poaching Freddy; still a nice combo package; sport cats and center exhaust...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts