The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sad day Friday over here in Blightly, Jags "Browns lane" Plant is to be shut with the lose of 1000-1500 jobs. Why i am sorry to see this happen i think the blane rests with Ford.

No one could say that Jag's workforce have not given 110%, the Halewood plant (10 mins from here) in Liverpool is Ford best Plant on the Planet in 2003!

The Alloy XJ is brill, but they need to attarct new buyers. They have gone too far with the "Pipe and slippers" market, Jag is seen very much over here as an old man's car (I am 40 BTW). What Jag NEED to do is thing more Audi TT/Zed 350/RX8 + a bit of Power and class.

Lotus did it with Elise and once Aston Martin was nothing but warned over old Jags. Now with Lotus help Astons are cutting edge stuff that EVER English man dreams of. I think Jag needs to do the same...............any quickly!

America Loves Lotus,Aston,Mini.........given the right product Jag could also be loved.

Cheers
Mega

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
With Jag pulling out of F1, it's not the direction you would have hoped. Seen the X-type lately? We should not be paying Jag prices for a Ford Mondeo!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Most of this was down to the Crap Ford team that ran things a few years ago. Jag wanted to devolpe a "TRUE" RWD Jag but Ford got a nasty German from BMW to run (Ruin) things.

"Woofe" as he was know decided that Jag should build a clone of the boxster, and i mean a clone! The "Jagster" as it became known was hated by ALL in Jag. What Jag needed was a platform that would allow X-Type/F Type..........But this German was in a Hurry.

So we got Bulsh*t Badge Engineering, a "Jag-In-Drag" Ford, which didn't foll anyone on this side of the Pond or in America!

It will take time, but Jag is on the Right course now.
Cheers
Mega

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Jag service in the USA is just getting savaged by the press, Autoweek just murdered them a few issues ago on one of the long term cars. Get this, the Jag dealer changed tires on the long term AW car and put the old tires in the back seat of the Jag and it had white leather!!!! One other magazine just slammed them also I think it was MT. The probelm seems to be Ford service on a premium car, they won't get away with that. If Jag doesn't get into the Lexus mindset and out of the Ford mindset I think they will fail.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
there had been rumor of a $40k jag roadster. it looked interesting at the time. what's come of it?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Weird, up until very recently Jaguar was in the top 5 in JD Power customer satisfaction ratings. They were able to do this even at the tail end of pre-Ford ownership (Ford money helped get the product quality rankings into the top 10, as opposed to customer satisfaction.)

Given the still lingering poor reputation of Jaguar reliability among the masses, I would say if Jaguar is letting the dealers go to pot, then that may explain why the marque has been having problems and had to close the Brown's Lane plant.

DLY

1 - 7 of 7 Posts