1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
6,946 Posts
I do believe this might be a repost, still...

Last I checked, being a Muslim reflected one's religion, and to a large extent, culture.

But it is NOT a race.

We're getting so far from precision in our use of language, it's a shame.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Gives you an idea of what has happaned over here. The racist biot is easy - by law any offence that either party thinks is racist is declared racist. Panders to the paranoia of racial minorities who often think that anything that happens and they dont like is because they are being discriminated against.

But the real issue is police power. You challenge a policeman in any way, even just arguing something with him, and you are likely to be arrested and maybe jailed. There are so many new offences created that its easy to find something general to book you for.

As an example, people have been jailed and manhandled just for photographing a police officer.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
But the real issue is police power. You challenge a policeman in any way, even just arguing something with him, and you are likely to be arrested and maybe jailed. There are so many new offences created that its easy to find something general to book you for.

As an example, people have been jailed and manhandled just for photographing a police officer.
Yeah...I got the idea his main offence was 'P*ssing Off a Police Officer'.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Yeah...I got the idea his main offence was 'P*ssing Off a Police Officer'.
I've been ticketed and jailed for that. Gotta love the free country we live in.

I rotfl @ "revving his car in a racist manner" Did his engine spew racial slurs when he revved it? If so I want that engine, it'd be worth a lot of money, as I've never heard an engine spew words of any sort.

I was jailed for "exhibition of acceleration". A cop(who was in the parking lot of a movie theater @ a busy intersection), heard a car "hauling ass". then ~20 seconds later saw me coming down the road @ the speed limit. and assumed I must have been racing, so off to jail I went. Regardless of what I was/wasn't doing, he had no proof or really any reasonable cause to toss me in jail. All charges were dropped, but I still had to spend 14 hrs in jail, have my car impounded, and pay for an attorney. The most irritating fact was when we picked my car up @ the impound lot, someone had been racing it (the alcohol tank was empty so the car saw >10psi for a decent amount of time.) (1 gal. alcohol tank)

·
Registered
438 Posts
I rotfl @ "revving his car in a racist manner" Did his engine spew racial slurs when he revved it? If so I want that engine, it'd be worth a lot of money, as I've never heard an engine spew words of any sort.

Stop saying really funny things while I am at work, you made me LOL at work in a quite office building.

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
This is sooo three years ago...

·
Registered
958 Posts
"Maybe because we are Muslim."

What an irresponsible and arrogant statement to make. If the image of Muslims wasnt already on the decline in that area, it certianly will be after making a stupid remark like that.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Sounds like someone needed an expert witness to say that Espirits must be revved to keep up the oil pressure... rotfl

And wow, display of acceleration? Why in the name of god is that a crime? There should be nothing illegal about going from 0 to the speed limit as fast as possible, as long as you are in control of the car and your wheels aren't squealing or smoking.

These horror stories make me sad :(

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
What else do you expect from a legal system that allows Sharia courts and parallel law systems? The powers-that-be have allowed Muslim immigrants to piss all over their country and culture for years now, all in the name of tolerance, diversity and multiculturalism. But votes are votes, right?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Personal attack removed - review forum rules

I didn't know engines could speak or be used for racist commentary. :huh:

Sure, you COULD use a vehicle to run someone over or drag them... but it's much easier to simply arrest a person for, uh, impersonating a racial slur with an engine. :confused:

Mighty fine police work. :rolleyes: May they all find what they're really seeking. :sad:
Response to personal attack removed.

Thats the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard and if your judges and politicians allow it over there then you've got a lot more screwed up than we do. I realize the popular thing now is reverse racism by claiming that every thing done is some how racist but comon. Either way nothing like this would ever stand up in NY. Quite simply stupid.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Reminds me of this classic UK comedy scetch with Rowan Atkinson (aka Mr Bean):-

Constable Savage (UK policeman) comedy scetch.

Savage: You wanted to see me, Sir?

Insp: Ah, Constable Savage... Come in, shut the door. Now then, Savage. I want to talk to you about some charges that you've been bringing lately. I think that perhaps you're being a little overzealous.

Savage: Which charges do you mean, Sir?

Insp: Well, for instance, this one: "Loitering with intent to use a pedestrian crossing." Savage, maybe you're not aware of this, but it is not illegal to use a pedestrian crossing, neither is "smelling of foreign food" an offence.

Savage: You sure, Sir?

Insp: Also, there is no law against "urinating in a public convienience" or "coughing without due care and attention."

Savage: If you say so, Sir...

Insp: Yes I do say so, Savage! Don't they teach you anything at training school? (Savage takes out his pen & notebook) Ta, ta, ta... No, put that away! Some of these cases are just plain stupid: "looking at me ina funny way"... Is this some kind of joke, Savage?

Savage: No, Sir!

Insp: And we have some more here: "walking on the cracks in the pavement", "walking in a loud shirt in a built up area during the hours of darkness" and "walking around with an offensive wife". In short, Savage, in the space of one month, you have brought 117 ridiculous trumped up and ludicrous charges.

Savage: Yes, Sir.

Insp: Against the same man, Savage...

Insp: A Mr Winston Codogo of 55, Mercer Road.

Insp: Sit down, Savage.

Insp: Savage, why do you keep arresting this man?

Savage: He's a villain, Sir!

Insp: A villain?

Savage: And a jailbird, Sir.

Insp: I know he's a jailbird, Savage! He's down in the cells now. We're holding him on a charge of "posession of curly black hair and thick lips"!

Savage: Ah! Well there you are, Sir!

Insp: You arrested him, Savage!

Savage: Thank you, Sir!

Insp: Savage, would I be correct in assuming that Mr Codogo is a coloured gentleman?

Savage: Well I can't say I've ever noticed, Sir.

Insp: Stand up, Savage! Savage, you're a biggot. It's officers like you that give the police force a bad name. The press love to jump on incidents like this! And the reputation of the force can be permanently tarnished. Your whole time on duty is dominated by racial hatred and petty personal vendettas. Do you get some kind of perverted gratification from going around stirring up trouble?

Savage: Yes, Sir!

Insp: There's no room for men like you in my force, Savage. I'm transferring you to the SPG.

Savage: Thank you very much, Sir!

Insp: Now get out!

Savage: Sorry, Sir.

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Terrorizing by revving the engine? Made me think of this Carrera GT video:
rotfl Some people have way too much time and money on their hands...

·
Modern Day Hippie
3,839 Posts
OMG! What is the world coming to? Quick lock your kids, lol.

·
Registered
75 Posts
That revving video was gold. I think those guys are having great fun.

The legal system for the road is much more relaxed in the UK compared to the states. I don't think you can be jailed here for dangerous driving or speeding in any matter. I'm not even sure you get jailed for DUI! (Don't quote me on the last bit).

1 - 20 of 32 Posts