1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Hopefully it's not the same one that was nearly bought by one of our local guys a while back. It was represented as a movie car and went for a high price at Bonham's and was later discovered to not be a movie car. The purchaser still offered to buy it for a more realistic value since it wasn't a movie car but I don't think the sellers were looking for a realistic price, they wanted the movie car price.

Guess it's not. That one was white.

Still it would me nervous being a bidder knowing they just misrepresented another "Bond car"

·
Modern Day Hippie
3,839 Posts
Some more photos. :)

·
Modern Day Hippie
3,839 Posts
And here's the one auctioned off last year.

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
And here's the one auctioned off last year.

It was auctioned but verified that it was not one of movie cars. The buyer was local and did not take delivery of it because of it being falsely represented and not having the movie car value it would of had.....if it was in the movie. He still offered them an above fair market value for it (in the 20's. Just not the "movie car" auction price of close to $200k after fee's shipping, etc. They weren't after the fair value. They were after the misrepresented value)

You'll remember posts a long time ago about how he was going to bring it to LOG29. He still owns Mario Andretti's old Esprit given to Mario by Lotus though (with proper documentation), and does mountain drives with us in it some times.

I hope they are not trying to foist off another fake again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts