The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
Joined
·
607 Posts
Japan makes some great aftermarket items for the S2000. I have ordered a full titanium exhaust from there for the Honda.

I do hope to see in awhile parts for the Fed Elise. The exhaust is one of the things I will probably change as soon as acceptable parts are available.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
55 Posts
Whoa, I like these (about $150):



Does the Elise have sender units for oil temp and pressure? That's something I always like about early M1 Miatae. The oil pressure meter center top.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,744 Posts
Hmmmm, I'm going to Japan next year. Looks like I'll need to bring along an empty duffle bag to bring home some nice "souvenirs" for my elise.

Oh, and the 2nd picture Hollywood is a little too bling for me. Although the shot of that gullwing top is sooooo sexy. Damn!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
687 Posts
Modern Wedgie said:
Hmmmm, I'm going to Japan next year. Looks like I'll need to bring along an empty duffle bag to bring home some nice "souvenirs" for my elise.

Oh, and the 2nd picture Hollywood is a little too bling for me. Although the shot of that gullwing top is sooooo sexy. Damn!
Do you think you can pack a set of these "KMS Superlight Forged Alloys" in your duffle bag for me? :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,270 Posts
Hmmm, yummy, the blue on blue looks really good.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,430 Posts
The picture above shows the Elise in Lazer Blue (the color I long for). It would appear , however, we will not be able to get that blue. Instead we will be limited to Magnetic and Nightfall. I would gladly pay extra for Lazer (at least the $500 that some are paying for Chrome Orange). With Clyde letting slip the final colors on another unnamed web site, I can only hope Lotus has had a last minute change of mind.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,664 Posts
Hollywood said:
If you're watching a TV screen, you're not watching the road. If you're driving and not watching the road, you're a moron.

There is no reason at all to put something so idiotic into an Elise (or any other vehicle for that matter). What's the point?

Extra weight.
Distracting to the driver (read: f*cking dangerous).
Idiotic.
 

·
Forum Founder
Joined
·
29,081 Posts
MikeAR303 said:

There is no reason at all to put something so idiotic into an Elise (or any other vehicle for that matter). What's the point?
Entertain the passenger while you drive? Not that I would think a screen is something that makes sense in an Elise, but I doubt that is for the driver while mobile. Is it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,664 Posts
Randy Chase said:
Not that I would think a screen is something that makes sense in an Elise, but I doubt that is for the driver while mobile. Is it?
Possibly not, but if that unit is anything like the ones I've seen, the screen is a touch screen that you use to control your stereo...

One of my friends who is less-than-intelligent has one of these in his car and gets in more accidents than anyone else I know. I usually try to avoid riding with him because he is constantly distracted by the screen and rarely looks at the road. I see people watching those screens while they drive every day.

If it's really to entertain the passenger, maybe the people who feel the need to have a TV to do that should make an effort to become more interesting people instead.

Having a screen in the back of a larger vehicle is one thing... having it in the front of a sports car is just stupid, IMO.
 

·
Forum Founder
Joined
·
29,081 Posts
Well, he made up for the weight gain by using those nifty Lotus supplied lightweight floormats. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
118 Posts
MikeAR303 said:
Possibly not, but if that unit is anything like the ones I've seen, the screen is a touch screen that you use to control your stereo...

One of my friends who is less-than-intelligent has one of these in his car and gets in more accidents than anyone else I know. I usually try to avoid riding with him because he is constantly distracted by the screen and rarely looks at the road. I see people watching those screens while they drive every day.

If it's really to entertain the passenger, maybe the people who feel the need to have a TV to do that should make an effort to become more interesting people instead.

Having a screen in the back of a larger vehicle is one thing... having it in the front of a sports car is just stupid, IMO.
well legally you're not allowed to have real-time video visible from the driver's seat. So if you get pulled over while watching something, better close it.

Some of these systems are built so you have to engage the parking brake before being able to watch it. Of course there are ways to bypass it and installers usually do it for free.

My cousin has one with navigation installed. It's pretty cool he can enter location and it'll automatically using voice to direct him to where needs to be.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,634 Posts
That "Saclam" site (posted above) has some great detail photos of the S1 Elise in various stages of "undress" - dead sex-eh !
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top