The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
GTR

I've seen 3 here in FL. The roads are great here. Just a lack of turns. But if I had one I would drive on the road. After the 111R had 1000 miles, first thing I did was drive straight to Jersey 1248 miles 17 1/2 hours. The car never went over 196 temp.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I don't want to poke any holes in the desire to have an ultima, but the cost quoted is way off reality. Its about 60k for the car sans engine and tansmission or any options.

For a pure sunny weekend vehicle in the PNW, you could probably walk away for about 67k, but anyone else is going to want to raise the spec a bit. Air con, a heater, carpets, racing seats, windows that open etc etc etc....

In reality you should figure 85k or so when you finish to have a nice powerful 450-500hp engine with a vehicle that you can drive to the track. Of course if you are spending that much, go full spec and get some serious muscle and all the options for about a 100k dollar vehicle.

Don't get me wrong. When I win the lottery, my first call will be to buy this house I know that has a 7 car garage. Second one will be to ultima!

Scot

·
Registered
294 Posts
Notice that in the last clip the GTR flies by an Elise. Yikes! By the way, no more aspersions or the left-handed mafia (LHM) will be putting steep entrance ramps in your way. . .:huh:

·
Registered
141 Posts
The $60,000 cost is definately a possibility, but yes, it is easy to get it to $80,000. That's about what my friends' GTR will cost him. The AC, Porsche transmission, lowered floor pan (better room for helmets when you race, and a whole bunch of other things can bring it right up to $80,000.
Engine wise, your options are huge, people have been putting in all kinds of engines. Ultima recommends a company in Illinois called American Speed, but they're engines are a bit pricey. You can get a brand new Z06 Corvette engine for $9,000. (I think)
Check out this site for answers to FAQ:
http://www.markkoch.net/ultima/faq.asp#cost

·
Registered
7,678 Posts
i really like that as a sticker or something too.
nice pic and autogragh of van williams....too bad bruce lee didnt sign it too...

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
We should replace that Queen's seal with something MORE appropriate!

Have always referred to the Federal Elyse as the Buzzbomb. The Rover-propelled babies sound more like coffee-grinders. :p

Some girly on this board believes the car sounds F1, but I would have to question how many of those races she's attended.

I hear bug!

:D

Getting back to the Green Hornet........it was a comic book from the thirties. Some of our bombers in WWII had a similar design painted on their noses.

Then of course the TV series. Maybe produce a few stickers in various colors?

Found this shot of The Boys earlier. Whats prompted all this, is the fact I
caught a rerun of the show the other night.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Rollers are rolling chassis built by them, sans engine. $60,000 comes from when you order the kit, they ship it, you put it together yourself.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Milcher

That car is a Sparrow I think. I read a test in one of the European mags (CAR or EVO). They said the performance is not so great and that the fit and finish are far from that of a major player (just things I remember from a while ago). If I can find the article, I'll let you know.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
That car is Nissan's mid-engined supercar prototype, I don't know if it will be produced or not. I don't know if the JGTC series has homologation rules or not, if so, it makes me think they might produce some (at least for the JDM market). The side windows look stupid (IMHO) otherwise, its SICK!! (as you young guys say).

21 - 32 of 32 Posts