The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just read this story for the first time, and I was horrified, deeply saddened, and angered. Jaqui Saburido was a passenger in a car that was hit by an SUV driven by a drunk 18 year-old high school student in 1999. She was a pretty 20 year old venezuelan girl. She was trapped in the car as it burned, suffering burns over 60% of her body. She suffered disfigurement and internal damage, and has had over 50 operations since. She has relied on donations to help cover the cost of keeping herself alive. Here is her website: http://www.helpjacqui.com

If any of you ever drinks and drives, I will personally fly out to where you live and kick your ass.

Now go to her website and give this poor girl some money.

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
F#cking drunk drivers!!! My best friend was hit by a drunk driver, and survived. I F#cking hate this kinda behavior!!!

I remember seeing a thing on TV about this poor girl, she truly has alot of courage, I don't know if I could have continued to live after those events.

Neil

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
One of the "little sisters" in my fraternity (back in the '80's) was killed by a drunk driver. In fact, she and 3 of her friends were all killed by the same drunk driver in Santa Monica, Ca. He veered into the opposite side of the road and hit them head-on. Even his passenger was killed. He was the only survivor and had minor cuts. He was also driving a large SUV and was a repeat offender too.

I hate (with an absolute passion, HATE) drunk drivers. I purposely will refrain from drinking if I'm driving and I often volunteer to be the designated driver.

Bob

·
shay2nak
24,910 Posts
that is f*cked up. unbelieveable...that idiot only got 7 years and fined $20k for killing two people, injuring Jaqui and totalling two cars. that is bullsh*t.

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
I'm sure this will offend some of you... but if it were up to me, the kid responsible would have his arms and legs dipped in gasoline and set on fire.

I guess that's why I'll never be in charge of that sort of thing :p

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
First time drunk-driving offenders that have (not yet) caused any accident or injury should be required to ride a motorcycle, and only a motorcycle for one full year.

Second time offenders can contribute organs other than the liver.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
In Atlanta you don't need alcohol the drivers are so lousy and so many are on cell phones it's like bumper cars. I got rear ended 4 weeks ago while stopped at a red light! The dumb idiot said she didn't see me, didn't see a 4000 pound silver car in broad daylight with it's brake lights one??? Oh she was talking on her cell phone at the time.
To add insult to injury she said she didn't know what the big deal was they could "touch up" the paint on my bumper. Well $2100 later the car looks pretty good again.
I have lived in a lot of different places but have never seen drivers as bad as here!

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
I had a 2001 Mustang Cobra coupe for about 3 months, and I got hit by a drunk driver. he ran a red, and hit me in the left quarterpanel. We spun off the road and rolled, coming to a rest in heavy vegetation/trees. Took us a little bit to get out, because the top was caved in and we had to squeeze out the passenger window.

The guy who hit us was driving an old buick, and he didnt' have anything worth suing for. Insurance totalled my car, and took him to court. I considered suing also, but I was in the middle of permanent change of station orders and didn't have time to screw around with it. I heard that he got a fine and no jail time, though.

Cade

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
I got hit by an uninsured drunk driver a while back... what a mess that was. They had open alcohol in the car, and the cops refused to take note of that on the report and actually had the nerve to attempt to blame the open alcohol that they had managed to toss out of their car on me.

Totalled my car, my arms and face got cut up pretty bad along with my friend's... and somehow the drunk managed to sue my insurance company and win.

F*cked up world we live in.

·
shay2nak
24,910 Posts
MikeAR303 said:
I got hit by an uninsured drunk driver a while back... Totalled my car, my arms and face got cut up pretty bad along with my friend's... and somehow the drunk managed to sue my insurance company and win.

most definitely f*cked up.

[enter Neil's anger here too.]

you ok now man, you came back after your 2nd post.

ara

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
MikeAR303 said:
Totalled my car, my arms and face got cut up pretty bad along with my friend's... and somehow the drunk managed to sue my insurance company and win.

Shay,
Back to see this kinda ****... Maaan, I get soo F#cking mad when I see **** like this!!! I think the system is so f#cked up, we have forgotten what is right and wrong!

I'm outta here... blood boiling again!

Later
Neil

1 - 15 of 15 Posts