The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since Scotty's original thread was closed and I can't ask, what is Jay Hass' law firm?

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Send a PM to ScottyB, he should have that info.
I did and am just waiting to hear back.
I guess I'm a bit confused as to why the law firm's information shouldn't be made public? I'm sure that those of us who's still owed money or more here on this forum aren't the only ones looking for him.

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
AFAIK, Scotty never posted the contact info for the law firm (not even the law firm's name); he was posting info about where Jay is currently working. I don't see a problem with the law firm's contact information being posted (though if we receive complaints from that firm about such information being posted we'll pull it from the site), but would ask Scotty to limit any post to just THAT information. I'm no lawyer, but I expect the first step in any legal proceeding is to contact the defendant or file suit naming that defendant, I don't think you can assume they're using any one law firm exclusively.

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
Further thought on this...Scotty has pursued Hass with such zeal and conviction, that I'm sure he'd be happy to provide plenty of contact info to anyone who asks, just give him time to reply to the PMs and keep this in the PM realm. If you feel there's a need to post the law firm's name here I think that'd be OK, though really, it'd be better for this website if you could keep us out of it and just use private conversation channels (PM or email) to exchange this information. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
AFAIK, Scotty never posted the contact info for the law firm (not even the law firm's name); he was posting info about where Jay is currently working. I don't see a problem with the law firm's contact information being posted (though if we receive complaints from that firm about such information being posted we'll pull it from the site), but would ask Scotty to limit any post to just THAT information. I'm no lawyer, but I expect the first step in any legal proceeding is to contact the defendant or file suit naming that defendant, I don't think you can assume they're using any one law firm exclusively.

just because he complains does not mean that its illegal in any way. I'd tend to believe that since he had his law firm contact ltalk to pull the first thread is justification for contacting said firm outright in future endevours. my humble, non-legal opinion of course ;)

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
just because he complains does not mean that its illegal in any way.
Very true, but this site has nothing to gain and everything to lose by getting involved in this. We're pushovers when it comes to legal matters.

Good point though about justification for contacting that law firm! Likewise, it'd be fair then to post the contact info of that law firm in the context of explaining why the previous post was pulled.

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
just because he complains does not mean that its illegal in any way. I'd tend to believe that since he had his law firm contact ltalk to pull the first thread is justification for contacting said firm outright in future endevours. my humble, non-legal opinion of course ;)
Keep in mind that we are not discussing "illegal" actions here, but a law suit where two or more parties are claiming damages.

I'm a bit confused... by "he had his law firm" contact LotusTalk are you referring to ScottyB's attorneys? Because that is not the situation. In this case you have Scotty posting and the opposing party saying there's harm.

The big picture is that Matt is 100% correct.... LTalk does not wish to be a party of this dispute. It should be handled by lawyers and the courts and not in a public forum. For those who wish to be involved contact Scotty or whoever privately.

Cheers,
Kiyoshi

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
No, Hass' law firm contacted Ltalk to pull Scotty's new thread (as I understand it). I don't' think anyones suggesting ltalk take any part in it. However, as a major resource for the Lotus community I think that simply posting contact information to aid any other disgruntled client(s) is not unreasonable in the least. Then the attorneys can do their job, privately of course, and obviously not on here (public forum).
Anyone that needs the information that can easily get the info by simply PMing scotty.

There is no need to risk legal complications with the forum. The info is not hidden, you can easily get it.

Now, let it go, and stop making extra work for the moderators.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts