The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does Jay Leno own an Exige (or Elise) yet? I'd like to talk to him about his impressions, if so. The world is a better place because of Mr. Leno's car collection... :bow:

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
Funny you should mention that. I attended the Tonight Show this year and he takes questions from the audience while they are off air. I wanted to ask him about his thoughts on the Lotus but didn't because I knew the rest of the audience would have no interest.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Jay Has two Lotus Elans. Don't believe he has an Elise

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
I will be seeing him on the 16th and I will be talking him into a 2-Eleven:)

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Last year I was parked on Buena Vista at Victory in Burbank with my boot open, on my way to Buttonwillow. I had not tightened the gas cap and thru a CEL, so I was getting my ODB II out of the boot. Jay drives by in a old spoke wheeled 2 seater and gives me the thumbs up :up: for the Elise. It was about 90 minutes before show time so I figured he was headed home for dinner before the show. Draw your own conclusions.

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Funny you should mention that. I attended the Tonight Show this year and he takes questions from the audience while they are off air. I wanted to ask him about his thoughts on the Lotus but didn't because I knew the rest of the audience would have no interest.
DOH! D*mn "the audience", that's what I say! :wallbang:

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I will be seeing him on the 16th and I will be talking him into a 2-Eleven:)

Awesome! He really seems like a genuinely good fellow. If you think of it, tell him some nut from the midwest is willing to be employed adding air to the tires of his cars 24/7, just to be around them! :D :D

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Jay chased me down and pulled me over in the Elan, he was on a motorcycle I could not tell who it was at first and I was wondering who the jerk was trying to get up close to my car rotfl

He ended up talking to me for a good 15 minutes, gave him the full tour of the car

Attachments

·
Registered
9,294 Posts
Jay chased me down and pulled me over in the Elan, he was on a motorcycle I could not tell who it was at first and I was wondering who the jerk was trying to get up close to my car rotfl

He ended up talking to me for a good 15 minutes, gave him the full tour of the car
I've never met the man, but I hear repeated good things about him. Pulling over to change a tire for someone, etc.

I've never begrudged him his (OUTRAGEOUS AMOUNTS OF) money because he seems to spend it very wisely :shift:

He should buy one of the '06 NA Exiges. I hear they are worth +$100K now.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
I'm actually working for him right now!
(on the show, not the cars)
working in the control room for the month of May doing graphics and effects for his monologue gag video's and such. Fun gig. Today I added cold-sores to people on the show The Bachelor (not yet sure if it'll air tho, but maybe tonight).

He's definitely one hell of a car guy, and I'm fortunate to have worked here frequently enough to have seen most of his car collection. He drives most of them to work at one point or another, tho honesty I haven't seen either of his Elans yet. (but seen the Atom a few times).

I'm not really in direct contact with him, but I've run into him in the hallway on a few occasions. Like running into any celeb tho, there's really nothing that comes to mind to ask him tho and I'd rather not pester him.
(tho I once inquired about the engine in his little Shogun when he drove it in years ago)

He's just as nice and friendly as one would imagine, and very hard working - as he arrives at work before most of the crew. (9am or earlier - yet the show tapes at 4pm)

He obviously buys any car he desires - and gives equal time to all of them.
particularly a number of which hold sentimental value.

But it's a real kick when he drives the really rare ones into work, as they can be such a work of art.
I happened to have had my camera on my yesterday when he drove this gem of a Bugatti in. - never in my life have I see what appears to be a distrubutor cap INSIDE the car!

Attachments

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I happened to have had my camera on my yesterday when he drove this gem of a Bugatti in. - never in my life have I see what appears to be a distrubutor cap INSIDE the car!
:drool: :drool:

That's one of my favorites of his. Do you think if I get a sex change he would keep me as his mistriss? I'd only show up to put air in the tires and gaze at the cars... it can be strictly platonic.

Wasn't the distributor access to allow timing adjustment on the fly? You wouldn't want to do that in the rain... I first learned about spark voltage when I was about 7 and tried to turn off my brother's mini-bike (kill switch broke) by unplugging the spark plug wire. I'm pretty sure I did about sixty one-armed jumping jacks before the magneto stopped spinning. It looked like this but without the smile -> :wave:

·
Registered
361 Posts
seen him drive a Tesla roadster.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts