The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, I know some of you are sick of hearing about it, but this one of the most informative bits I've seen on the car.

Jay Leno's Garage

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
5,638 Posts
Its more a space ship than a sports car.

I'm with Jay, give me a manual transmission with a clutch pedal, rear wheel drive and lose all of the electronic nannies.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think more and more gadgetary is going to be the norm in cars. You can only shave so much time off of 0-60, and that and improved handling has been a primary focus/marketing approach for sports car makers for a long time, so what do you do next? I don't think you can improve much on the WOW factor that you experience when you drive an Elise when it comes to handling and more and more cars are coming in around or below 0-60 in 4 seconds.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Nice, I'm so infatuated with that car. Great color choice on yours by the way Chris D. That's my favorite as well. :D

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
No surprises here. Didn't we warn all you fanbois about the "speed appliance" aspect. I think Jay was being very diplomatic about his "old school" comments. :p

·
Registered
381 Posts
I've driven this car. just don't think it would really appeal to the typical lotus owner. Nothing raw about it. Yea it's fast but problem is it doesn't "feel" fast ... and maintenance is on a whole new level. heard the equipement required costs ballpark of 1.2mn USD. Not a DIY car ... for most of us anyways.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts