The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all

Long time no speaky. Things have been a little manic for me lately, but the USA and the Lotus community have never been too far from my thoughts.

After an incredible time in 2018, meeting so many generous souls I am looking to return to the USA. Originally, that was likely to be this year but now I am planning an attack for 2021. Currently it'll likely be October, but dates are not yet set.

What I'm looking for is suggestions of things to do and people who might have cars to film, places to stay, all that jazz. I'll be travelling with my partner (most likely) and so far we're thinking of a trip from Florida, up to Virginia, then west through NC and finishing somewhere in Texas.

So, suggestions on a postcard - either here or email me on [email protected]

·
Less is Better
2,561 Posts
The western states have fantastic mountain driving roads and scenery. California, Oregon, Utah, Idaho, Colorado, Arizona

·
He's on fire!
3,204 Posts
From a getting on track perspective, Virginia International Raceway and Circuit of the Americas
If you've never been, tail of the dragon would be a good stretch of road to hit in the south east
In Florida wirewheel.com has some really unique lotus race cars for sale these days (and likely will when you visit)

Thats all I got from way over here in the midwest.

·
Registered
7,088 Posts
Was just yesterday speaking with someone about your review of our Lexus LC 500, and how I enjoyed just talking out in our driveway with someone who knows so many cars and people.

The LC transformed into a 570S but our eyes are firmly fixed on Lotus going forward.

Maybe we’ll see you in Western North Cariolina again. Hope so.

·
Registered
468 Posts
October is a perfect month in Texas. If you want great backroad driving you should aim for Austin or San Antonio (Hill Country). However, If you are OK with track driving, there are good circuits in Houston (and maybe Dallas). October is a common month for drives of both kinds given the cooler weather. The LOST (Lotus Owners of South Texas) group in Houston has a great mix of people with modern Lotus (some modified) and vintage Lotus as well. In fact, the last car the Colin Chapman oversaw was owned by a gentleman here in Houston. I am not sure if he is still in possession of the car though or if it has sold.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts