The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,098 Posts
I like the stand off. How do I get my hands on a pair?

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Jim, have you ever looked into a slight flat cut and shift pattern engraving on the knobs? I sometimes let others that drive autos drive my car and they would panic without "documentation"

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Jim, have you ever looked into a slight flat cut and shift pattern engraving on the knobs? I sometimes let others that drive autos drive my car and they would panic without "documentation"
Engraving requires a second, third and forth operation and on a mill. I tried one once. The engraving didn't look that great. We used high dollar bits.
Hard to debur, required more polishing. Need to drill and tap for allen screw to lock pattern in place.

I'm sure it can be done, just beyond my expertise and target price point.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Engraving requires a second, third and forth operation and on a mill. I tried one once. The engraving didn't look that great. We used high dollar bits.
Hard to debur, required more polishing. Need to drill and tap for allen screw to lock pattern in place.

I'm sure it can be done, just beyond my expertise and target price point.
Hmm, maybe laser engraving? It would probably cost $100 per knob unless done in quantity though.

·
Premium Member
4,098 Posts
Here's what you get.
2 stand-offs with stainless thread
2 washers, 2 acorn nuts, 2 hex nuts .
Thank you!................Ordered.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I am an ex-Jackhelper guy. Alas, had to sell mine to a new caretaker when I went from stock diffuser to considerably larger BOE street unit.

I would like to be a Jackhelper guy again though.

Phil,

Do you know if the Jackhelper Difflow version will clear my diffuser vanes? If so, I will order one forthwith. Three floor jacks and a Jackhelper means I can get the car up on stands in more than 5 / less than 10 minutes.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Hi Jim,

I have the upgraded Reverie 3 diffuser, which model helper should I order? I haven't seen any pics of the helper with aftermarket diffusers, so I wasn't sure.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Hi Jim,

I have the upgraded Reverie 3 diffuser, which model helper should I order? I haven't seen any pics of the helper with aftermarket diffusers, so I wasn't sure.

Thanks!
Extended model. I have a picture somewhere with the Difflow.
Not too many Reveries out there but the extended works , if my memory is correct.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts