The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This Saturday, July 5th is the 1st Saturday of the month... Who's up for the car show...

I plan on going...

·
Registered
148 Posts
Tell me more ...

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Tell me more ...
Cruise in the parking lot of the Jimmie Cone (and I think a Home Depot or Lowe's) first Sat. of the month.

Claims to be one of the biggest around. It's not, but it's a reasonably good size. Doesn't compare to Abingdon or Marley Station in Glen Burnie, nor as big as the Eldersburg Home Depot gig, but good sized none-the-less.

Mostly hot rods/muscle cars/Vettes, but have seen other interesting cars there (including a Panoz and a couple genuine Shelby Mustangs).

To me, the real attraction for this cruise in is the drive, find some nice back roads to Mt. Airy, hang around for a bit, then wring it out on some back roads on the way home.

I think cars start showing up around 5 pm, when some stores in the shopping center start to close and parking is less of an issue.

Been there twice since Spring this year. Was glad to meet Grant (Scrumpot), but otherwise underwhelmed.

Would try to make it this weekend to see Bull30's S240, though.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To get there, from I-70 take MD 27 to Mt. Airy, turn left before shopping center onto Main Street. Follow Main Street to intersection of MD 144 and turn left onto 144 (Old National Pike). Turn right into shopping center and go up the hill, you can't miss Jimmie Cone.

I will be there weather permitting...

·
Registered
28 Posts
This Saturday is a fund raising event and there is a $5 entry fee which goes torwards helping a little 11yr old girl with cancer. Great cause and will likely be a little more organized since the Lions is handling it. If the weather holds and I get back in time from PA I will try to swing down. Believe its from 4-9.

A 5th of July Jam at the Jimmie Cone | Mt. Airy Messenger | Mt. Airy, Maryland

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
773 Posts
Okay, so WHERE WERE ALL YOU GUYS TONIGHT? :shrug: :panic:

Ken was there.
I was there.
3 Lotus' were there (2 of Ken's, 1 of mine).

Hmmmmmmm..... :shrug: :(

Missed you guys:
Jason... ?
Borat... ? (a new face I was hoping to meet)
Todd... ? (still got yer item in my trunk to return to you!)
Todd P... ? (long time no see!)
Raddish... ?

Boy, the way everyone was posting, I expected a heck of a Lotus turn-out! Got a couple pictures on my cellphone cam.... if I could only figure how to transfer 'em to something I could post up - I would.

Nice show tonight.
The Panoz was there :cool:
GT (the "real" thing GT - full race set up and all!) :cool:
At least 3 (yes 3! 2 Yellow and one Black - with the GT guy, apparently) DeTomaso Panterra's :cool:
A custom twin-Turbo Ferrari 340 :cool:

Just to name a FEW.
Missed you guys for sure. Definitely had room in the "Lotus Section", and was watching for you.

Oh well, next time maybe.
Cheers,
-Grant

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Okay, so WHERE WERE ALL YOU GUYS TONIGHT? :shrug: :panic:

Ken was there.
I was there.
3 Lotus' were there (2 of Ken's, 1 of mine).

Hmmmmmmm..... :shrug: :(

Missed you guys:
Jason... ?
Borat... ? (a new face I was hoping to meet)
Todd... ? (still got yer item in my trunk to return to you!)
Todd P... ? (long time no see!)
Raddish... ?

Boy, the way everyone was posting, I expected a heck of a Lotus turn-out! Got a couple pictures on my cellphone cam.... if I could only figure how to transfer 'em to something I could post up - I would.

Nice show tonight.
The Panoz was there :cool:
GT (the "real" thing GT - full race set up and all!) :cool:
At least 3 (yes 3! 2 Yellow and one Black - with the GT guy, apparently) DeTomaso Panterra's :cool:
A custom twin-Turbo Ferrari 340 :cool:

Just to name a FEW.
Missed you guys for sure. Definitely had room in the "Lotus Section", and was watching for you.

Oh well, next time maybe.
Cheers,
-Grant
Indeed, didn't make it tonight. But WILL be at the Holy Donut in Burtonsville tomorrow morning, assuming it's not raining. Not afraid of getting the car wet, just don't want to stand in the rain.

If you've never been there before, best to be there between 8:30 and 9:30 am, as folks start heading home around 10 am.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts