The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I post this to inform the community of the Madison Motorsports Car Show, which will be held Saturday, April 5th on the James Madison University campus (located in Harrisonburg, VA). The show starts at 11:00am and ends at 4:00pm. A scenic drive might be held after the event. Here is a link to the show thread:

http://mmsports.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7210

I hope to see some fellow Elise Talk members at the show. To entice some people to go, I am currently working with the administration of the JMU car club to see if I can offer a free 8-hr max detail to the "best in show" winner.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
I was maybe too, until I went to the link and looked at the discussion thread.

The first post was:

Must....get.....more.....carbon fiber.

The second was:

I hope my front lip and side curtain kits get here on time!

I don't think I'd be comfortable there.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Ohhhh...that's sarcasm. Alot of the folks on the mm forum are very sarcastic. Now, if you are expecting exotic cars there, well, sorry, but most college kids can't afford them. If you would like to present your car to a group of truly genuine car enthusiasts (some of them are truly fast drivers on the track as well), then please feel free to come on down. Within the local geographical area you might find a few of those vehicles that "try too hard," but I don't think I have ever seen them actually participate in an event. I know there is at least one Elisetalk member who has meet a few of the MM members and I bet he has nothing but good things to say about them. His car was even in the car show last year when it was a wash-out of rain. Nevertheless, I don't think there is a need to be scared. We'd love to see a few Lotuses come out.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Hi Ciro - Yes, I was there last year and I will be there this year too as long as it isn't raining.

This club is full of great guys. The online forum should not be considered any representation of the club as a whole. Most of the posts are by the same people and I stopped reading the forum shortly after I became a member.

Unfortunately, not all forums can be run as good as this one - thanks Randy!

It would be great to have a couple other Lotus there with me this year.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Ciro - Yes, I was there last year and I will be there this year too as long as it isn't raining.

This club is full of great guys. The online forum should not be considered any representation of the club as a whole.

It would be great to have a couple other Lotus there with me this year.

HEY MIKE!!!! You hit the nail on the head. I couldn't say it better myself.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Ohhhh...that's sarcasm. Alot of the folks on the mm forum are very sarcastic. Now, if you are expecting exotic cars there, well, sorry, but most college kids can't afford them. If you would like to present your car to a group of truly genuine car enthusiasts (some of them are truly fast drivers on the track as well), then please feel free to come on down. Within the local geographical area you might find a few of those vehicles that "try too hard," but I don't think I have ever seen them actually participate in an event. I know there is at least one Elisetalk member who has meet a few of the MM members and I bet he has nothing but good things to say about them. His car was even in the car show last year when it was a wash-out of rain. Nevertheless, I don't think there is a need to be scared. We'd love to see a few Lotuses come out.
Actually, no, it wasn't sarcasm. It was an observation, then my reaction.

Not 'scared.' Tuner cars just are not my cup of tea. I'm sure it's a great time for those hobbyists.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts

·
Registered
6,515 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ahhh! It was a great time at the MM Car Show this year. The best I've been too and a great way to end the senior year at JMU. Incredibly, MidasHands won the raffle for a free CP Detail!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Hey Ciro - It was great to see all of you. I know we are going to have a lot of fun this summer when you guys get out of school.

Madden - thanks for the nice picture post. I wish you would have said something to me about buying a Lotus. I would have let you take my car for a spin.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts