The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Modern Day Hippie
3,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the past several months I have been the Sales Manager for Cars Dawydiak in San Francisco (Cars Dawydiak). We are also Vespa SF, which is the largest Vespa dealer in the country.

I'm looking to fill two positions.

-Sales person for Vespa SF
-Sales Assistant for Vespa SF sales person / Assistant to Cars Sales Manger (me)

Both positions include a base + commission.

These positions are available immediately. I'm looking for someone that is motivated, enthusiastic, and with a rock star personality as you will be the faces of the company.

Please email me at [email protected] if you're interested.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I always wanted to know but that doesnt mean you have to tell.
How is the base compared to commission?
is it like, we paid x for this car. We want to make atleast y, and whatever else you can get is yours?
If a person cant sell cars, then is the base salary like free money?

I'm not interested nor do I know anybody but I was just curious. With my short temper towards stupid people, I'm not best suited for an environment that has me in close communication to another human being :) (further proof of my violent nature I need a new laptop on Flickr - Photo Sharing! )
I listened to Bryan Tracy tape once though in a friends car which was weird.

·
Modern Day Hippie
3,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The base is guaranteed pay you get each month regardless of your performance. The commission is a percentage of the gross profit of your sales. So if you are rockin' and rollin' this number can be as high or low as your motivation and success is. Obviously if you're not a motivated person you won't do so well or last long in this industry. I really want someone that is motivated, because they will do well. Most dealers are typically commission only (this has been a nice change for me and good balance).

I'm open to training someone with the right attitude.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Would you be able to post ballparks on the base commission? Also, have you considered carrying and servicing Ariel Atoms or Cam Ams?

Ransack, if you're not selling any cars, you may think the base commission is free money but you won't be in the job very long.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Ransack, if you're not selling any cars, you may think the base commission is free money but you won't be in the job very long.
Sounds very stressful :eek:

I forget his name, but there is a guy at walter's that used to race, he's a big lotus fan too.

·
Modern Day Hippie
3,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Would you be able to post ballparks on the base commission? Also, have you considered carrying and servicing Ariel Atoms or Cam Ams?

Allan - I'm not 100% sure on this figure, I'm sure it's negotiable as well. It's pretty decent actually. I don't know about Ariel Atoms and Cam Ams. Not sure how big of a market it is out here.

Sounds very stressful :eek:

I forget his name, but there is a guy at walter's that used to race, he's a big lotus fan too.
Is it David? He's got an Exige and is one of our Vespa techs. The service manager Ron, used to be the Lotus service manager at BMC a few years ago. It could be him too. He's been in the industry for over 25 years. Maybe 30.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Is it David? He's got an Exige and is one of our Vespa techs. The service manager Ron, used to be the Lotus service manager at BMC a few years ago. It could be him too. He's been in the industry for over 25 years. Maybe 30.
Older guy, raced back in europe.
I forget if he had an accent or not.

·
Modern Day Hippie
3,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Probably Ron De Vogel then.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts