The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is a sad day at FVMC. Our good friend and coworker John Nichols has resigned from his position as Service Manager at Fox Valley Motorcars.

John has been with us for 5 years. He started as a parts counter guy, and worked his way up to service Manager. His hard work and dedication helped FVMC become the fantastic dealer it is.

John has a wonderful new opportunity, and I know he is going to do very well at his new job. We at FVMC wish him all the best in his new venture, and are going to miss him greatly!! His new position does take him away from the Lotus community, but I know he wont forget all the wonderful people he has met here over ther years.

John will be with us for another week or 2 so please give him a call and let him know how much he will be missed, and wish him luck. 630-654-9000

We have been interviewing new prospects to fill his position, and we are confident we will find someone who will do there best to serve the community as well as John did.

Good Luck John!!

T.J.

·
Relapsing Honda fan
1,259 Posts
Well that sucks, John's one of the most pleasant people I've ever met. Best wishes I guess. :(

·
Registered
2008 Lotus Exige-S 240
1,435 Posts
That sucks but I hope all the best for him! True when I got my car in 2008 he was the parts manager, he was always super friendly and always followed up with me. He was awesome, someone I could count on. Once he answered the phone (due to parts phone was busy and rolled over) and I found out he was the Service Manager, still just as friendly as always... he actually remembered me too! Anyway, please tell him thanks for his great service, I am sure you will miss him, and I KNOW I will. I gave him a call but had to leave a msg.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Damn first Bill leaves and now John. Wonder if you will be leaving too, TJ?

·
Registered
725 Posts
That's too bad, I like John. However, if TJ leaves, that would be it for me--TJ is the reason I truck all the way down there, I know I can trust him to do the right thing and to do it well. Say it ain't so, TJ!

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
John is great...his ethics are beyond reproach. Best of luck, and a loss to the Lotus community.

Now, as for Bill, well your loss was the ATL's gain.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am not going with John. as much as I would love to continue working with him, I couldn't leave the land of Lotus. :D

Thanks for the kind words, I know both John and I appreciate it very much.

T.J.

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
John's genuine desire to provide the best possible customer service comes from being a genuinely nice guy. We wish him the very best and will miss him.

·
Registered
37 Posts
It is a sad day at FVMC. Our good friend and coworker John Nichols has resigned from his position as Service Manager at Fox Valley Motorcars.

John has been with us for 5 years. He started as a parts counter guy, and worked his way up to service Manager. His hard work and dedication helped FVMC become the fantastic dealer it is.

John has a wonderful new opportunity, and I know he is going to do very well at his new job. We at FVMC wish him all the best in his new venture, and are going to miss him greatly!! His new position does take him away from the Lotus community, but I know he wont forget all the wonderful people he has met here over ther years.

John will be with us for another week or 2 so please give him a call and let him know how much he will be missed, and wish him luck. 630-654-9000

We have been interviewing new prospects to fill his position, and we are confident we will find someone who will do there best to serve the community as well as John did.

Good Luck John!!

T.J.
Absolutely a class act FVMC. You can tell a lot about a send off like this.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Totally bummed.

John in a GREAT guy. And he can tolerate TJ - which is saying a lot! :)

Seriously though, I know I've been an FVMC fanboy but I can honestly say that I've never had a better experience at a dealership both pre and post sales and in the services world - and I've bought probably 15 plus cars in my lifetime of all manner (from Fords to BMWs). What amazes me is that I bought a $30K used car and I'm treated as thought I bought a brand new $475K Murci SV. Most dealers pay that lip service, but they walk the walk.

Do you know of other dealerships of any kind where you can walk back in the service bay and just shoot the sh*t with the tech? Or hanging out and shooting the breeze with John about blues bars?

FVMC is one a kind and a gem in the world of what are mostly turds (car dealerships). I've gotten to know the guys there very well - Justin, John, TJ, Tony, Trish, etc - so much so, that I just stop in from time to time to shoot the sh*t. This is not common in the car world. Hell, I think it's not common in the Lotus world. We've seen lots of threads about people having crap experiences at other Lotus dealerships.

I told TJ that they need to replace John with a smoking hot woman who likes giving away free oil changes.

I'll text John tomorrow and give him my regards. He'll definitely be missed.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I am not going with John. as much as I would love to continue working with him, I couldn't leave the land of Lotus. :D

Thanks for the kind words, I know both John and I appreciate it very much.

T.J.
Whew!

Just spoke to John and wished him the best. Always a positive thing when good opportunities happen to good people.

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
John is a great guy! Where's he headed, if you can say? (PM me if you can't publicly).

·
Registered
9,294 Posts
John's genuine desire to provide the best possible customer service comes from being a genuinely nice guy.
This ^ is even evident to those of us who have never had the opportunity to meet him in person and have only had phone contact with him. John was my 1st contact with FVMC. I hold John in very high regard. He always treated me with respect and offered better customer service than expected - always. He even took the time to offer condolences when my family had some issues occur. He is a good man who I think truly cares about other people as if they were his family and best friends.

·
Registered
596 Posts
I normally cannot stand service writers and would rather deal directly with the mechanic, but John is the best service manager I have ever dealt with. He was great to deal with, and never made some some BS to cover for up for something. He will be a big loss to FVMC and I wish him well in his new endeavor.

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
It's amazing what a little thing like walking into a business and they recognize you and call you by name. John always makes me feel so welcome at FVMC...as if we were old friends, despite my hardly knowing him. He will be missed.

Anyone from the forum applying for the job? :D

·
Registered
455 Posts
Amazing that the FVMC service area is able to give you about the same feeling that Norm got as he walked into Cheers. John will be missed, I always enjoyed catching up on the goings on of the family. Nice when a service writer doesn’t just care about how the car is doing but also how you are doing as well. John, best of wishes to you and your family, good luck with the new direction.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Amazing that the FVMC service area is able to give you about the same feeling that Norm got as he walked into Cheers. John will be missed, I always enjoyed catching up on the goings on of the family. Nice when a service writer doesn’t just care about how the car is doing but also how you are doing as well. John, best of wishes to you and your family, good luck with the new direction.
Great analogy Ken.

The only issue is that Norm ran a big tab that he never closed! At FVMC, you gotta go give Trish or Mona your credit card when you get your car.

Imagine saying 'I'm taking this Gallardo Spyder. Put it on my tab!'

:)

·
He's on fire!
3,407 Posts
Wow!!! Well I will certainly miss him too, I'll give a big +1 to everything said above.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts