The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my wife and I took a short cruise to this lake side burger joint to get lunch. It is about 10 miles out of town, via country roads. We pass a sheriff about 1/2 mile after leaving the restaurant going the opposite direction. I look up a minute later and he is flooring it to catch up to me after turning around. He @$&!(%[email protected]% followed me all the way in town and through a few neighborhoods before finally leaving me alone. I'm white middle class.. for gods sake... going the speed limit (unfortunately!) :shift:

Does this happen to you guys?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Yes! They just have nothing better to do. Last time one done that to me I drove around the same block four times. Have fun with it haha

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Some policemen are car guys too! I have even been shadowed by border patrol (I am not hispanic). It happens.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Some policemen are car guys too!
+1. I've been pulled over twice just to have cops ask me about the car. Officially one time for not using my blinker, the other for not coming to a complete stop in a parking lot. Both no ticket.

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
Yesterday - at a construction zone - the guy with "the sign" had it turned to read "slow". As I approached him - he flipped it around to read "stop" walked up to me after i stopped, and started asking me about the car. We talked for 45 seconds or so and I left. There had never been any traffic during the entire event. Too funny.
You are going to get attention, positive and negative. Mostly positive though. And after awhile , the same cops see you again, and it's not such a big deal.

·
shay2nak
24,910 Posts
just turn off somewhere and let them go by. the longer they behind you, the more time they have to find something to pull you over for.

·
Back to the Future, again
6,154 Posts
Did he have his hat on?

Did he make an appointment first?

Did he follow you across different jurisdiction over 7 miles because your wife is hot?

Did he stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night?

Those are all very important questions when it comes time to fight it in court.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts