Attachments

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
neat find, thanks for posting

·
Registered
480 Posts
I like the back end but not sure about the front, especially those headlights that look like they're from an S1.

·
Registered
273 Posts
^^ hahaha - I was thinking the same thing Tachitup - looks like a wider S2 to me. Looks good - but nothing earth shattering here.

·
Illegal Alien
5,262 Posts
Reads like he is planning a one-off for himself.

·
Registered
7,252 Posts
I don't care so much what it would look like, but a new generation Elise/Exige or similar is what Lotus desperately needs.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Wide body/chop top S1 Elise...Made for short people

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
for those that don't know - Julian designed the elise, and this is his take on amping up the original design. which also explains why it has the roll hoop/top of the original. along with the lamps, intake, etc...

i love it. would be cool if he churns out something more than renderings.

·
Registered
7,117 Posts

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
This is everything the Bahar designs were not. This is a Lotus!!

They need to use actual Lotus designers. That guy from Ferrari designed the bad looking generation of Ferraris. He was no Pininfarina.

I was wondering which exactly Ferrari he designed and got this:
Donato Coco (born 1956, Foggia) is an Italian automobile designer.[1] He designed the Citroën C2, Citroën C3 Pluriel and Citroën C4.

Julian did the Esprit refresh in 1993 also. Is Giugiaro Design still in business?
Peter Stevens did the M100 and the 1988 Esprit redesign.

Who did the Series 2 Elise and M250? Both great designs.

Russell Carr did the Evora. Great design, again elements of M250 in there, just underpowered.

Sorry to wander off like this, but I'm still smarting from the whole Bahar affair and no new Lotus designs in the US for 5 years.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Doesn't look like an Elise but it looks nice.
Jiggawhat? Look at the picture of the S1 Elise just posted and compare the two.

This is a great modern interpretation of the S1. Even if one doesn't agree that it's great, no one can honestly deny that it looks like an Elise.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts