The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i just got off the phone with my dealership Palm Beach motor cars, in WPB , FL

Seems they dont have a car yet! NOT ONE SINGLE DARN DEMO CAR! much less any customer cars on thier lot, and they have not a clue i was told as to when they will be getting their demo and first customer cars in, sooooo....

I am told they will call me when they get the demo in but not to get my hopes up it will be here tomorrow, or they would have known that already.

I was told to keep my fingers crossed that my car #9 at the dealership will be here sometime in September.... yea right! ;)

A friend has a "friend" who works at Lotus headquarters in Georgia and he is going to give him a call to see what info he can sqeeze out of him for me, i will post next week what he finds out!

·
Registered
259 Posts
Doesn't suprise me with all the delays. I'd be surprised if there were no more delays. I'd guess cars won't be in customers hands until August.

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
From the John English letter

- We will start to ship cars to dealers the week of July 12. All dealers should have their first car by the end of July. Due to some issues with components that we previously mentioned, some dealers may get a customer car before their demo, but your demo should be close behind. The cars that arrive over the next few weeks will be slightly out of order due to some of these component issues. August will see a significant increase in cars to you as we deliver those 250 cars that will be built through July 31.

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
You would think that the cars would be there already, since they are one of the closest dealers to Brunswick GA. Unless they are waiting and will send them to Jacksonville, West Palm, Miami and Croal Gables all on one transporter.

My brother passes by the NJ dealer a few times a day, and will let me know when the cars are delivered there.

Have any dealers gotten their cars yet?:confused:

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
I thought the plan was that Dealers would receive their cars at roughly the same time. If that were true they'd have to send the west coast cars out first and the "local" stuff could wait until the last second and still make it in time.

I think Lotus is doing just fine considering the huge, complex nature of such an endeavor with lots of new people involved and an organization still being set up. My guess is that demo sitings will be reported starting next week. Maybe even some by this weekend.

Stan

·
Registered
866 Posts
Stan said:
Maybe even some by this weekend.

Stan
Wanna bet on that? I will give you a three to 1 payout, and no cars before Next week. If only there was a pool with all of us in addition to the expected deliver date. A 5 dollar placement for each day, and the winner takes the entire pool. I am sure that the pool would be so large by now that we would have to find a way to prevent dealers and Lotus execs from participating and using the "insider information" against us. :D :cool:

·
Registered
109 Posts
This is from Lotus Reps themselves

"Demo cars will trickle in before October and a few customer cars by December."

The owner of my dealership was in England a few weeks back and spoke to several reps/engineers from the factory. He races with Elise Motorsports and is an honest guy.

I am in the 60's at his dealership and he said approx. May of 2006 for my Elise...

·
Registered
670 Posts
Vantage said:
From the John English letter
We will start to ship cars to dealers the week of July 12. All dealers should have their first car by the end of July. Due to some issues with components that we previously mentioned, some dealers may get a customer car before their demo, but your demo should be close behind. The cars that arrive over the next few weeks will be slightly out of order due to some of these component issues. August will see a significant increase in cars to you as we deliver those 250 cars that will be built through July 31. [/B]
I love this often quoted letter. Ship from where precisly ?
Atlanta ? Denver ? LA ? Hethal ?

Comical

Steve

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Wasn't making any suggestions that cars would be here soon, but rather that they should not have been expected to be here by tomorrow, even by the word of Lotus.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Esprit said:
This is from Lotus Reps themselves

"Demo cars will trickle in before October and a few customer cars by December."

The owner of my dealership was in England a few weeks back and spoke to several reps/engineers from the factory. He races with Elise Motorsports and is an honest guy.

I am in the 60's at his dealership and he said approx. May of 2006 for my Elise...
Whoa, whoa, whoa,

could you please elaborate on who the folks from Lotus were, which dealership you have your deposit with or at least the relative size of the dealership? December for their first customer cars?

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
phone calls to palm beach, north miami and coral gables last week yielded this:

PB expects a car around 20 july. it will be storm titanium, hard top, black leather. info willl be posted on palmbeachmotorcars.com

N Miami will have a red car

coral gables said they expect 6 per month with 12 in one particular month (not specified), has 28 orders, has 18 deposits and only can sell to people residing in "the area they serve", and that most early cars will be chrome orange.

austin dealer said he anticipates a red car with hard top and touring pack. anticipate a car "late july". san antonio dealer said the same for expected delivery.

all this info from phone calls last week...for what it is worth

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Stan said:
I think Lotus is doing just fine considering the huge, complex nature of such an endeavor with lots of new people involved and an organization still being set up.
Stan
I would really like to agree with this statement… But I can’t, because I have not personally seen evidence of any job actually having been done. Have you? No tracking system. No information about delays. No nothing. All I've heard and seen are rumors and I have been told to discount them.

When my car is in my possession I will pass judgment on what kind of job Lotus did.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Lotus said they would get some cars delivered by July 15th. Today is still the 14th right?

Let's give them until tomorrow and see if any cars get delivered?

Stay tuned....

:)

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
I should mention, one thing I do know...

Not every dealer will get a car at the same time. It depends on the distribution center, trucking company and a few other things. Some dealers will be delayed to early next week, end of next week, maybe even a week after that (before end of July). Paperwork, loading, and then trucking all the cars from the two distribution centers is not a simple/quick thing.

My point is that it's not like Lotus USA will flip a switch and all (or most) dealers will have cars on the 15th.

But the car was supposed to debut on the 15th.

·
Registered
687 Posts
"When you say it’s gonna happen now
Well, when exactly do you mean?
See, I’ve already waited too long
And all my hope is gone
"

·
Registered
259 Posts
Randy Chase said:

But the car was supposed to debut on the 15th.
First it was 9/03, then 4/04, then each month after that.

Wasn't there some post a few weeks back about someones car shipped and actually on the North American continent somewhere? What happened to that car?

Lotus may be slow, but as long as the car comes relatively trouble free and as good as the press says it is, then the wait will be worth it.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
JOn,
Todays the 15, AND John English's letter stated cars would ship LATE in the week of July 12th. Week aint over yet!! Abosutely no one I talked to affiliated with Lotus said anything about an official launch on the 15th. Be patient. Keep your eyes out for an interesting thread in just a bit!! ;)
Chris

1 - 20 of 25 Posts