The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
***** lurker
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know its not specifically in our region and last year it popped up in the Meets & Events sub forum, but there is a big car show in Pittsburgh at the Schenley Park golf course every year. There is a always a large British car contingent and the rest of the show is generally broken up by country of origin. I know some of the folks in our area are always up for a long ride and a show, so I thought I'd point it out. We're planning on going up, but not in the Lotus.

Official PCGP Website and Combined Car Show / British Car Day link

Here are the pictures I took at last years show. This doesn't really convey the size of the show as the only large section pictures I have are of the Italian and German section. Our goal last year was to pick colors we were interested in looking for when shoppping for our Lotus, hence, the multiple pictures of individual Elise. The show really is huge and has only grown in the last 5 years.

This year the marquee of the year is "All Italian Cars" and I know that the PA, NJ and MD FCA chapters are planning on having a good showing at the event.

·
***** lurker
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump...

just read over their combined car show page again and it says they had around 2000 cars at shows in the past.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Can you say ROAD TRIP?

Anyone interested? I would go if others are interested...

·
Registered
788 Posts
BUGGER BUGGER BUGGER!!

It's a great event, as is the event at Beaver run the previous week! I'm stuck oversees this year so can't make it.

BUGGER BUGGER BUGGER!!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Anyone planning on 'showing' at this? I've got something planned on Saturday already so I can't be there for the 'British Car Days' but wondering if it's worth showing up on Sunday as part of the main show... or will all of the other Loti have cleared out by then? :shrug:

·
***** lurker
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
m4mica, is the show really better on Sunday? I've only ever gone on Saturday and had been told a number of times that it was the biggest day of the show. I guess it would depend on the weather, but have I been missinformed? I'll still be going on Saturday to see the British Car Day this year, but would like to plan better for next year if Sunday is a better day.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Actually, I haven't been there in a couple of years and in the past I didn't pay attention to Sat vs Sun. But then again, back then I was just gawking and not thinking of bringing a car. Here's what I know [and have since gotten confirmation on]:
1) The combined show is a non-judged show that runs both days. All makes, all models, no requirements.
2) Various clubs hold sub-shows in conjunction with the main event. Some are judged, some are not.
3) The American, Itialian, Euro, Asian sub-shows are both days.
4) The British sub-show is only on Saturday. It is judged.
5) British cars are welcome during the main (non-judged) show. On Saturday we can be part of the British Car Day, on Sunday there will be a spot near the American car display near the clubhouse.

My guess is that overall the show is the same both days. However, there might be more Brit cars on Sat since that's the only day judging occurs.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Reckon I'm going

Hi all...

If anyone is interested, I am planning on going to the show on Saturday. I don't know if I am staying through till Sunday or not.

My father is bringing his 911 (996 Turbo) as well.

Looking forward to my first long drive in the Elise... Gonna test out my 2 new rear tires.

It looks like you have to pre-register/pay to be in the show - is this for even if you are not being judged??

-Will

·
***** lurker
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
one last bump! weather channel says its going to be mid-low 80's and partly cloudy!

Will, as far as I know you have to pay to be in the show and you will be judged... oh yes, you will be judged whether you want to or not! :D

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'll be there Saturday and, most likely, Sunday...I mean, it's three minutes from my house so it'd be kind of silly for me not to be there.

M4Mica - Do you know if you have to register your car to be in the British Car Day? I know parking is kind of problematic in that area on the PVGP days.

-Kris

·
Registered
109 Posts
PVGP

I'll be there Saturday and, most likely, Sunday...I mean, it's three minutes from my house so it'd be kind of silly for me not to be there.

M4Mica - Do you know if you have to register your car to be in the British Car Day? I know parking is kind of problematic in that area on the PVGP days.

-Kris
I'm going Saturday and Sunday. Staying overnight at a hotel in Monroeville. It looks like the British Car show on Saturday is $35 if you didn't preregister. I didn't. Weather forecast sounds good so far.
Bruce
2005 Elise

·
Registered
244 Posts
It looks like the British Car show on Saturday is $35 if you didn't preregister.
what he said...

Here's a helpful link relative to the show... http://wptriumph.org/bcd/BCD_Brochure_2008.pdf

I'm going to try to get there on Saturday, but still not 100% as of yet. What's the roll call looking like so far?

If anyone from out of town has any questions re: Pittsburgh, feel free to PM me.

·
Registered
354 Posts
That's the same cost as the PCA Autocross... Hmmmm, autocross in sykesville or drive to Pittsburgh to show my car... No brainer, I'll be in Sykesville...

For those of you going to the show, have a great time...

·
Registered
103 Posts
I am going up Saturday - probably be there by 11:00. Spending the night at a hotel and will be heading home sometime Sunday afternoon.

- I've pre-registered - I didn't think that everyone was judged... that would be bad seeing as I'm already a tad bit obsessed about keeping the Elise clean....

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Saturday is the car show day. Sunday is the race. If you're going to do one or the other I would strongly suggest Saturday. There should be over well 2500 cars of all makes and models. Sunday there will be cars there but many fewer and it's not the show.

If you guys want to meet up Saturday let's do the Church Brew Works. We did it last year and it went really well. Let's meet there at 6pm.

The Church Brew Works

3525 Liberty Ave, Pittsburgh Pa 15201

Directions here

·
Registered
31 Posts
Saturday is the car show day. Sunday is the race. If you're going to do one or the other I would strongly suggest Saturday. There should be over well 2500 cars of all makes and models. Sunday there will be cars there but many fewer and it's not the show.

If you guys want to meet up Saturday let's do the Church Brew Works. We did it last year and it went really well. Let's meet there at 6pm.

The Church Brew Works

3525 Liberty Ave, Pittsburgh Pa 15201

Directions here

Bummer. The wife and I are having a Bastille Day party starting at 600P so I won't be able to join in on this. Actually it's our anniversary party so if I miss it...It would be bad.

Oh well. Have a perogi pizza at the Church. They're delicious.

-Kris

·
Registered
799 Posts
Hello........

Working this weekend, 10hrs both days so I won't be able to make it.

Either day will be a great day.
Parking will be fine for your Lotuses/Elises as there is a section for Lotus on top of the golf course on Saturday.
Despite the Elise being out for over 3 years they will still cause a stir.
Get ready for a lot of questions, etc.

Enjoy yourselves. I'll be over around the golf course after work in the late
evening just to see some of the other displays.

If you're there on Sunday make your way over to the Phipps conservatory area around Flagstaff hill. Best place to watch the actual races (IMO) and there is plenty of shade!

·
***** lurker
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Click here for my Webshots Gallery of some of the cars at the show. I didn't take a whole lot of pictures of the Lotus Section since I'm sure there will be many others made available... in fact, I don't feel like I took many pictures at all. As will be obvious if you look at the gallery though, I was quite smitten with the Lamborghini Gallard Superleggera that Lamborghini of Ohio had brought to display at the show :drool:

hope everyone had fun! sorry I didn't take/make the time to track down any Lotus owners there, but we were on a bit of a whirlwind walk through the park.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts