Registered
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
nobody going?

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
Hey Simon,

If you go expect a tiny course. Speed Venture gets the lot for free just outside of the pit area. It is not parking lots where SCCA or Evo school hold their events. The good thing is that they provide workers for you.

cheers,
Jacob

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Simon,

If you go expect a tiny course. Speed Venture gets the lot for free just outside of the pit area. It is not parking lots where SCCA or Evo school hold their events. The good thing is that they provide workers for you.

cheers,
Jacob
Really? Will i even touch 3rd gear?? If that's the case, screw trying to get fast times, i'll just try to drift the entire course rotfl

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
You shouldn't need 3rd gear on most AutoX courses. Just be careful, from were I was standing it didn't look like an SCCA course with safety distances from hard objects like light poles and walls. But I didn't walk the course. Only saw it from the sidelines.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thx for the tipz

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
For future reference, track takes approx. 45 seconds to complete and all 2nd gear to give you guys reference on how big it is.

A uber fast Lotus Elan was there with Chasecam decals on it and a big wing with Cosworth on it getting into the 38 second range...

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Mark Huffman's incredibly fast Lotus Elan with the custom built Cosworth.

Love the dude, but he is nuts driving out from Phoenix so many times to autocross in SoCal.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think Mark and possibly the wife were switching drivers on each run. That car is no joke on the auto-x course and nobody came close to its times...

Randy, any clue on how much that Elan weighs?

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
1500 pounds?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts