The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Happy To Be Here
2013 Lotus Evora IPS - Carbon Gray
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking forward to attending my first Supercar Saturday next week. Wow, this is already the third one of these this summer, where the heck is the driving season going, right?

Anyway, I wanted to see who else is going and meet up before hand. The issue - I've never been there before so I have no idea where to set up as a meeting place. So that's where I need your help! I looked at the website and found this for timing:
"Q: What time does Supercar Saturdays begin and end?
A: Supercar Saturday begins at 9:00 am and runs until around noon. If you will be displaying your car, please plan on rolling in between 8:00 and 8:45 AM."

Any suggestions on meeting place and time?

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
I'm going.

Here's what we do. There's an Ikea right across the street from the Promenade mall. In that area is a Panera Bread. We usually meet up there at 7:45 so we can all caravan in together at 8am. That way, we can all be parked next to each other. Makes for better photo ops when the cars are all in a row.

Should get a good turnout. The first one in May was packed. All of the overflow lots were loaded with cars too.

·
Registered
94 Posts
At this juncture, I plan to attend. As Jeff said, the May turn out was immense. Lots of cars and great Lotus people as well. Good stuff.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
I plan on attending. Will probably be taking the tesla though.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
ill be in if the weather plays nice... cant imagine ill be going alone either ***ahem***

shadow, if you are taking 94 down i'm sure we can meet up & caravan the rest of the way

·
Happy To Be Here
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
shadow, if you are taking 94 down i'm sure we can meet up & caravan the rest of the way
Google maps has me taking 94. I lived in Milwaukee for 4 years yet don't know any good places to meet up off the highway. Especially with some of the construction going on in Milwaukee. On a side note, I just ordered an I-pass today so I don't think I'll have it by next weekend. You'll have to wait for me to pay with cold hard cash for each toll. Anyway, let me know if there's a good spot off the highway you know of and I'll meet you there so we can make it by 7:45.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Google maps has me taking 94. I lived in Milwaukee for 4 years yet don't know any good places to meet up off the highway. Especially with some of the construction going on in Milwaukee. On a side note, I just ordered an I-pass today so I don't think I'll have it by next weekend. You'll have to wait for me to pay with cold hard cash for each toll. Anyway, let me know if there's a good spot off the highway you know of and I'll meet you there so we can make it by 7:45.
last SS event we all met up at the park & ride off hw11 in Racine then took 41 in (for those of us without a pass)

ill let some of the other locals chime in before we make anything definitive though

·
Happy To Be Here
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
last SS event we all met up at the park & ride off hw11 in Racine then took 41 in (for those of us without a pass)

ill let some of the other locals chime in before we make anything definitive though
Just to make sure I know where the park and ride is, are you refering to the small lot that's just to the east of the intersection of 41 and 11 on the frontage road "SE Service Rd"? That's the only one I see. If so, that'd work perfect for me.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I will be there so that Jeff can give me some **** for not being on the boards that much (if ever). I will be at the Panera Bread at 7:45AM. Do not forget to pre-register.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
I will be there so that Jeff can give me some **** for not being on the boards that much (if ever). I will be at the Panera Bread at 7:45AM. Do not forget to pre-register.
Nah, I won't give you shib about not being on the boards.

It's the complete flaking on Chicago events that the Chicago crew gets shib for!

See you guys there. Weather looks nice (and not too hot).

·
Happy To Be Here
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Alright, it looks like from that lot, it takes about 1 hr, 15 minutes to get to Panera to meet the Chicago gang. To be safe, I'd like to leave the lot by about 6:15 AM to make sure tolls and traffic don't hold us up. Does that sound good?

Looking at this schedule, it's kind of crazy early for me since I have to leave Fondy no later than 4:45. Car lover problems, eh? Haha

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Alright, it looks like from that lot, it takes about 1 hr, 15 minutes to get to Panera to meet the Chicago gang. To be safe, I'd like to leave the lot by about 6:15 AM to make sure tolls and traffic don't hold us up. Does that sound good?

Looking at this schedule, it's kind of crazy early for me since I have to leave Fondy no later than 4:45. Car lover problems, eh? Haha
Yeah I dont have an ipass yet but I should really get one... we can run them through on the way there if we need & pay them online... I need to make a legit effort to grab one on the way back though.

We could meet a the p&r earlier if you wanted to stop at gurnee & get a pass prior? Its going to be an early morning for me as well regardless... just let me know

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Sorry i actually had intended on coming, but forgot completely about it and remembered today when I was next to the Promenade. Sorry. How was the turn out?

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Sorry i actually had intended on coming, but forgot completely about it and remembered today when I was next to the Promenade. Sorry. How was the turn out?
I was a little surprised to see so few people in attendance given that it was 4th of July weekend. Turnout was otherwise pretty decent - lots and lots of Lotus attendance this time. I haven't finished working though processing the pictures that I took yet. Should be done soon.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Ah - you took the shots right after I left. My car was next to Mat's.

Apparently it was on Oppositelock (Jalopnik sister site):

Supercar Saturdays Car Show IL

And....apparently the guy in the yellow Murci locked his keys in the car and had to have the car flat bedded out.

Doh....

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
A few shots I took of the Loti, and others.
your pics make my paint look so much better than it really is... :wave:

And....apparently the guy in the yellow Murci locked his keys in the car and had to have the car flat bedded out.

Doh....
yeah we saw it get flatbedded... was wondering what happened

·
Registered
66 Posts
your pics make my paint look so much better than it really is... :wave:
You're welcome :D

It was good to see the guys from Lotus Corps! Shout out to Dan and Sanj.
I like the Lotus representing in the front of the line. Looking gooood.
Thanks for all the compliments on my car :coolnana: I love it to death!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts