The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my July issue of MotorTrend and on page 54 the title reads 2005 Lotus Elise - POSSIBLY THE BEST-HANDLING CAR YOU CAN BUY. A great article.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Nice article and more great praise for the Elise. Also another source that is not in favor of the touring pack (similar to the article in the WSJ). It's all personal opinion, but I agree with them.

Looking forward to seeing full road test results in the coming weeks. But more importantly, I am looking forward to finally sitting in and test driving one myself. Only then will I know for sure.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Enough of these kinds of articles, let's see the real road tests! Everything is just a repeat until we see some read tests of actual production US cars. As Randy "leaked" a road test is coming out soon.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
sorry but my scanner sucks...

Attachments

·
Registered
6,301 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
6,301 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
6,301 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Thanks for posting Ivan. Pretty nice article. It seems they're all sounding the same at this point though. It will certainly be nice to get some hard data on the performance of the car.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
In that same issue, there was also an editorial about the benefits of making a car light. It talked a good bit about the Elise. Would someone like to scan it and post?

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
since my mag is already ripped apart, why not....

Attachments

·
Registered
6,301 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
130 Posts
That price-per-pound table cracks me up! Who knew that a Trident submarine was one quarter the price (per pound) of an Enzo!:p

·
Registered
224 Posts
Base Price?

Does anyone know if that is the new base price for the Federal Elise? I always thought it was just under $40k?

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Re: Base Price?

dechien said:
Does anyone know if that is the new base price for the Federal Elise? I always thought it was just under $40k?
Maybe they added on the $800 destination fee? Its non optional fee so that would make sense to just add it on to the price from the get go from a magazine standpoint anyway.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Did anyone else notice the interior shot shows full leather seats and manual windows? I thought full leather was packaged with power windows in the Touring Pack.

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
sonza68 said:
Did anyone else notice the interior shot shows full leather seats and manual windows? I thought full leather was packaged with power windows in the Touring Pack.
LCU received 8 pre-production cars especially built for the event. The remainder were the LA cars that were updated. Chris & I were at LCU when they were doing this work. It would seem that the silver car in the photo with red leather interior is one of those LA cars (check out some of the photos from the LA show).

1 - 20 of 20 Posts