The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I'm apparently the ring leader to do this crap.

We did May, we just did June (turnout was weak).

Let's get July on the calendar.

I actually found some GREAT roads on the way home from the Lake Geneva route (western suburbs into corn fields).

The dates that work for me are:

July 12/13 - 13 is preference (sunday)

July 26 - Sat

July 4th weekend is well, 4th weekend and July 19/20 is The Hawk at RA.

Chime in.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
I wanted to setup a kettle moraine route here in SE WI... but I have an uneasy feeling we will run into an issue with slower traffic if its not stupid early in the morning

the other random cars that troll those roads often go 'funeral procession slow' through the twistiest & would probably lead to a frustrating drive without the 'spirit pace' & more of the 'shoot me now' pace

its too bad cause some of those roads are unbelievable... but are much closer to civilization than the alphebet soup routes so the chances of traffic increase

i think JWA set up a holy hill route last year but it ended up pouring all over us (decent turnout of cars though)... i wouldn't mind taking another stab at a holy hill/83 area cruise again if Josh is willing to relead that

those 2 routes have great road potential & are closer for you IL peeps than the new glarus route

·
Happy To Be Here
2013 Lotus Evora IPS - Carbon Gray
867 Posts
Jeff, you're doing a great job. :D:up:

I'm up for either weekend.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm open for anything.

My FIB sensibilities hurt knowing that I have to cross the cheddar curtain to get people to show up.

Seriously thought, what the eff happened to the Chicago crew? The 'Crazy Old Man' drive had 32 cars. Now we struggle to get 6. Hell, it's the usual suspects too. Me, Irwin and Marius in the parking lot until something drastic happens.

Oh, check out Chicago Rally's FB page. They are doing a Starved Rock run this Sunday (6/29). Family sh*t - can't make it.

·
V EQLS IR
331 Posts
Here's my schedule:
7/19 - Euro Moto Mornings (De Pere, WI)
7/20 - Cars & Coffee (first meet!) (Wales, WI)
7/26 - open
7/27 - open
8/2 - open

·
Happy To Be Here
2013 Lotus Evora IPS - Carbon Gray
867 Posts
Here's my schedule:
7/19 - Euro Moto Mornings (De Pere, WI)
7/20 - Cars & Coffee (first meet!) (Wales, WI)
7/26 - open
7/27 - open
8/2 - open
Like Jeff said, don't forget that Road America has the vintage car weekend from 7/17-7/20 and that would be a shorter drive from Milwaukee. Now, I don't know if you'll be up in the Green Bay area that morning for something else, but the way I see it, The Hawk is once a year and Euro Moto Mornings is once a month. It was a good cars and coffee last weekend, but I'm really looking forward to heading back to Road America. If you end up at RA on Friday or Saturday (18th and 19th) keep an eye out for me.

·
V EQLS IR
331 Posts
yeah, unfortunately i have a thing Saturday afternoon back in MKE...but you actually have me wondering how many folks will even be at Moto since RA will no doubt draw a lot of enthusiasts...

Oddly enough i was going to head up to the GB area Friday night and stay into Saturday (family up there) so i will maybe plan it so we hit the Concours d' Elegance on the way up and grab some food in town, even though i can't actually go to the event

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Or you can all drive out to Joilet on the 12th or 13th and spend a day at Autobahn with us. It is put on by Hooked on Driving.

Saturday is South track, noon to dinner, then back on the track til 8:30 pm

Sunday is Full track 8 to 4:30 I believe

No experience needed. There will be instructors for novices

It will be a proper great time

·
6.94915254 lbs/hp
1,777 Posts
Or you can all drive out to Joilet on the 12th or 13th and spend a day at Autobahn with us. It is put on by Hooked on Driving.

Saturday is South track, noon to dinner, then back on the track til 8:30 pm

Sunday is Full track 8 to 4:30 I believe

No experience needed. There will be instructors for novices

It will be a proper great time
You know that is a great suggestion except this isn't me:

I can't afford to go through tires ($800+ a set), brakes ($1,000+ a set), $200+ track day fee, $200+ track day insurance, hotel if required on a daily basis. Would love to because I know how much fun it is, but unfortunately money doesn't grow on trees and my DD is very unhappy...

With that said, my summer is so busy I will have to play things by ear.

Jeez... I have barely driven the car this year too... Everyplace I have been going lately requires parallel parking so I can't casually take the Exige, that and this **** weather that rains everyday + bald rear tires means it has to stay home... Good news is that my new tires are here, bad news is I need to find some free time to get them installed. :(

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I ran a entire summer (13 track days) on a set of R888's and my RC5+ brakes and still drove it everywhere and did some spirited drives. Tires and brakes lasted the entire year and those are soft tires

·
6.94915254 lbs/hp
1,777 Posts
I ran a entire summer (13 track days) on a set of R888's and my RC5+ brakes and still drove it everywhere and did some spirited drives. Tires and brakes lasted the entire year and those are soft tires
Regardless, I don't have $500 I can casually blow per month, especially when I need to purchase a new DD in the near future.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Jeff, I'll lurk this one, if you firm on later July or early August I may be in. I'm in Ann Arbor now, but would drive.. maybe. I know a guy who said I could crash at his place, so maybe that would work. I'll have to message him and find out.

I'm all supercharged now and have not done 1 spirited drive yet. I need to make it rain $$ like Me! said, as I don't have a DD yet either and I'm in Michigan.... :-\

·
Registered
153 Posts
I'm open for anything.

Seriously thought, what the eff happened to the Chicago crew? The 'Crazy Old Man' drive had 32 cars. Now we struggle to get 6. Hell, it's the usual suspects too. Me, Irwin and Marius in the parking lot until something drastic happens.

Oh, check out Chicago Rally's FB page. They are doing a Starved Rock run this Sunday (6/29). Family sh*t - can't make it.

Swinglo... I am kinda hurt here... usual suspects.. and I wasnt listed. I have made 98% of the drives since I started driving a Lotus.

I am available on any of the days your listed.
I will be driving with Chicago Rally to Starved Rock on Sunday.

·
Super Moderator
6,819 Posts
i think JWA set up a holy hill route last year but it ended up pouring all over us (decent turnout of cars though)... i wouldn't mind taking another stab at a holy hill/83 area cruise again if Josh is willing to relead that
We have that one scheduled for September 21st. We're going to start from Josh & Em's Waukesha Cars & Coffee this year.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Swinglo... I am kinda hurt here... usual suspects.. and I wasnt listed. I have made 98% of the drives since I started driving a Lotus.

I am available on any of the days your listed.
I will be driving with Chicago Rally to Starved Rock on Sunday.
Yeah, I was just singling out some of the others.

Apparently only chrome orange Loti come out to play in Chicago land!

I'm in for the 9/21.

·
Super Moderator
6,819 Posts
I'm in for the 9/21.
Cool. Dan, tesprit on here, is going to be back in town that weekend so he's going to come too.

We'll have to figure out the timing. The Cars & Coffee up there is like 7:30 to 10:00 or some such super early craziness.

·
Registered
719 Posts
I'd be in tentatively for 9/21, too--is there a separate thread for that one?

In terms of July, my wife is a writer on a show that is playing at Second City every Saturday starting this weekend through 7/18. They're very late night (starting at 10:30), so depending on which ones I go to, the Sundays would be tough, so I'll have to play those dates by ear. 7/27 looks fine, though.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Cool. Dan, tesprit on here, is going to be back in town that weekend so he's going to come too.

We'll have to figure out the timing. The Cars & Coffee up there is like 7:30 to 10:00 or some such super early craziness.
he bringing his Elise too?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts