The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to gauge interest on having a BBQ and meet Saturday June 7th. I am debating between Alki, Golden Gardens, or Ruston Way. Just throwing it out there trying to see what works for everyone.

RB

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Feel free to bring all the family you can fit into the lotus :) I am presently leaning towards a bbq at ruston way. That way families can take children to the zoo, there's a go cart track relatively near, and of course 5 mile drive :). Just trying o get a decent headcount so I know how much food is needed.

RB

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
Can you actually get bbq in washington now?
I had a friend from seattle and he had a great shock trying bbq.
He always thought it just meant meat that was cooked.

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
Can you actually get bbq in washington now?
I had a friend from seattle and he had a great shock trying bbq.
He always thought it just meant meat that was cooked.
There are a very few places worth going to for bbq. My rule of thumb: the harder it is to tell it's a restaurant from the street, the better the bbq.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
There are a very few places worth going to for bbq. My rule of thumb: the harder it is to tell it's a restaurant from the street, the better the bbq.
There was a place in memphis in a building behind a restaurant they were renting space from.
No sign and they sold stuff out the door or window.
They would barbecue anything.
They did so well, the place in front closed and they took over the whole place.

You can still get people to come to your place and dig a pit and do old style, but you have to look for that.

My favorite place in nevada doesn't do bbq, but they are always hidden.
You have to look for the pirate flag and find the right drive to wander into.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah I remember you posting about the tech day. I figured for one weekend I wouldn't stray too far from home so my girlfriend could come along.

For those not going to the tech day we are going to have it at owens beach which is
near five mile drive

RB

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
this is a no go now :(

1 - 16 of 16 Posts