The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to thank this site and all the supportive people who post here for the sole purpose of the Lotus Evora. I have only owned my Evora for about 3 months, but because of this great web forum and the input of this group, I have learned a tremendous amount of information about the car. Not only that, but I have purchased and installed the Lloyd premium floor mats (they look great) changed out the hot interior lights to LED’s (including the ones in the trunk), ordered and received the certificate of province which is really great to have, and just last night, I installed the folding side mirror switch upgrade.

There is no way I would have known about all of this on my own. So again, thank you all for their valuable information. I will certainly post information as I learn of things about this car to this forum and also support this community. Next for me may be the CAI from Radium!

·
Registered
689 Posts
Great

Yep if it wasn't for the Do It Yourself things I have done on my Lotus's I would have been way more afraid of them. This Forum is the best for getting answers and finding out information. :shift:

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
+1 for the CAI:clap:

Forums are great for info. Regular forum readers usually know more than their service rep-eek-

I have done so many things to my last 3 cars that I would not have dared attempted without the forum as resource.

Besides. "If you are not breaking anything, you are not having any fun":coolnana:

·
Registered
257 Posts
I think you voiced what a great deal of us think! I will add my thanks to the guys out there in cyber space that post fixes and mods that we all learn from
:bow:

·
Premium Member
6,933 Posts
Some of us ( me especially) get A bit pissy at times but its realy the passion coming out! Enjoy it and maybe its time I do those LED interior lights HUMMMM!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea, thanks for all the support and ideas shared here. I like to read stuff even if I do not plan on doing the modification to my Evora. It’s just good to read about things in the posts, hear sound clips that are imbedded in the posts, and web links of what people are willing to do to their cars, and the ones here that are first to install, test, and invent stuff is truly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Yep. This is a great site. I find myself first reading some of the posts about the mods and then few days later it becomes an obsession. Later it becomes a must do and a how to.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Can you tell me what the bulb type is? I'd like to buy them on Amazon if possible. It's important for cooler burning bulbs so the white plastic doesn't yellow over time.

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
Can you tell me what the bulb type is? I'd like to buy them on Amazon if possible. It's important for cooler burning bulbs so the white plastic doesn't yellow over time.
A big "me too' on the bulbs. I have done the search but can't really find much sold info.
Maybe time to start a thread for interior LED lights

·
Premium Member
6,933 Posts
Actually they learn from us also!!

·
Registered
144 Posts
I've owned several marques, and I can safely say this forum is home to the most enthusiastic and passionate group of car owners I've ever been around.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
274 Posts
X-Ray,

How long have you had your Evora? Was it new or used?

And, most importantly, have you had any problems with it so far in the three months you have had it?

Mike

·
Registered
551 Posts
Roger that. I've learned much from the people here in just a couple of weeks and it's been vastly more helpful than info queried from the dealership.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Yes, this site kept me busy a long time consuming the knowledge when I first got my car. It's great!! Everyone is helpful and generally supportive. This is my first resource, then my dealer. I've used info here to get items replaced under warranty.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
X-Ray,

How long have you had your Evora? Was it new or used?

And, most importantly, have you had any problems with it so far in the three months you have had it?

Mike

I have owned my Evora for almost 1 year now. The issues I have had so far is drivers door latch and early wear on seat. That is all, other wise, it has been perfect. Bought it with less than 400 miles on th ODO, used, and have now 6k. I am 2 hours from the dealer, so I don't like having to travel there if I don't need to. This car is very reliable, just like its donor, the camary.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts