The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well had to get up and go into the garage to do the Elise good morning worshipping :bow: ;) ... a few pics of the engine..
First overall view (the airbox is in the upper left corner of compartment thus the pic under another thread showing the CAI snorkle in the intake vent behind drivers door)

This is with the cam cover black insert cover removed thus showing the coil pacs for each sparkplug...

And this shows the furtherest back black cover removed showing the fuel rail and injectors...

And here is a very technical picture of two very happy Elise owners :D

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
Can you get a picture of where the oil drain plug and the oil filter are located. Are they easy to get to or not?

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oil filter and drain plug>>>

This is a 'yes and no' type answer>>> there is a metal undercarriage cover held in place by 10 bolts (look to be about 10mm in size)...remove those and drop cover and then the oil filter and oil drain plug a easily accessible... this engine undercarriage cover is forward of the rear diffuser cover that is so clearly visiable from rear of car. In my opinion it would take 5 minutes to remove the under engine cover and then absolutely clear shot to filter and plug... I will try and do a pick so you can see area..
Michael

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here are two pics about oil filter etc>>

First shows the undercarriage covers...and how flat (that's good:eek: ) the Elise undercarriage is..

Although this pic is nominal it does show the location of the oil filter, oil drain plug and under engine cover..

Hope this helps..
M

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
Thanks. I knew about the undercarraige tray, but had no idea of where the filter was since it was always covered up by the tray.

Hey the tray is a good idea. It would catch any oil leaks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts