The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spent a few weeks following this forum before ordering my Evora, and a solid 5 months before it actually arrived.

There was (for obvious reasons) a heavy emphasis on Evora related problems, which can easily tilt ones perceptions of the good/bad ratio's associated with owning this car.

So -- I would like to offset some of that by sharing that my Evora arrived approx. 2 months ago, and it's been fantastic. I will post a more detailed comparison of it to it's predecessor (06 997).

For those of you still forming opinions about the car based on this forum, I can say that so far it's been great!

Aaron

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I spent a few weeks following this forum before ordering my Evora, and a solid 5 months before it actually arrived.

There was (for obvious reasons) a heavy emphasis on Evora related problems, which can easily tilt ones perceptions of the good/bad ratio's associated with owning this car.

So -- I would like to offset some of that by sharing that my Evora arrived approx. 2 months ago, and it's been fantastic. I will post a more detailed comparison of it to it's predecessor (06 997).

For those of you still forming opinions about the car based on this forum, I can say that so far it's been great!

Aaron
That is good to hear, some photos would be good as well. Welcome to the club. 7-2010 build, 10-2010 in my garage. 3500 miles very few problems, (instrument cluster (bad clock), removable Nav, inside door handle, and last but not least (interior dome light,bad switch) and steering column washer.

Ron:clap:

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
Always best to think for yourself. many times you will get both extreames on the Forum, while the truth is always somewhere inbetween.

Good for you:up:

Welcome to the club

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
I'm in the same boat! 2 weeks and 1600 miles in I'm in love!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Congrats! Same story here: love my Evora LE, one of the early ones delivered to the dealer (bought new 5/10). No issues at 6k miles.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
5 months, 10K miles, 1 speeding ticket, and a smile every time I get in it to drive. By far, the most impressive driver's car I've ever owned.

·
Registered
396 Posts
3 Weeks and 2k later very happy, although blue tooth mike does not work.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Agreed that the BT mike is complete rubbish. For that reason, I never use it (instead opting for my Jawbone).

Wow, I thought I clocked a lot of miles (for a Lotus), but you guys are serious road warriors :bow: If you're doing that many miles, what better car to drive :clap: 5 months and 5k miles and I am still completely smitten with my Evora. I do however keep a friend's quote in the back of my mind - "These cars are great, until they are not."

·
Registered
255 Posts
Love mine, a early 2010 LE, a few issues addressed before I took ownership (dash,Nav).
A/c could be colder, but it is an English car.

Otherwise car has been fine. I am feel sure my car was not built on a Monday morning or Friday afternoon...:)

·
Premium Member
6,764 Posts
3 Weeks and 2k later very happy, although blue tooth mike does not work.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Check plug in glove compartment. I believe that's for the mike

Congrats and most of us have used this site to self remedy the, in the big picture, minor niggles of the early cars. May the love continue. I just spent 5hrs detailing mine and enjoyed every minute of it (of course while listening to a nice 6/30/2010 Further concert --Lowell, MA)

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
The plug in the glove compartment is for a USB stick or iPhone - not the BT. That should be above your rear view mirror.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts