The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I realize not many venture out of certain sections of this forum. Just know there is a problem with this site and it's not being fixed as it should.

Edit: this was purposely put in a sub forum for the Evora cause as pointed out, people might not venture out if that sub forum. Moving this post defeated the purpose.

Ads with auto scripts - potential risk? https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=463486

Attachments

·
Registered
242 Posts
This is really bad news. LotusTalk is a vector for an attack on your computer now. Very risky for some. Should be totally unacceptable.

·
Premium Member
564 Posts
Using the uMatrix plugin on Firefox makes it pretty easy to turn off scripts from unsavory sources like advertising resellers. Sadly the forum provider has a lot of them. The only bit requiring a little attention is that you have to allow scripts for people's photo embeds from their third party photo sites or you don't get to see their uploaded pictures.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Me either no ads, just SLOW AS SNOT because it's blocking all the trash.

This site used to be so good.
Don't feel bad, it is "SLOW AS SNOT" for all of us. Nothing to do with blocking... The overall site has slowed down in the last year noticeably. It does not matter which computer or browser I use to access it either.

Attachments

·
Administrator
1,415 Posts
I visited this site. That was it. Most of the time I only browse for sale and Evora sections.
You are on android? What browser are you using? This is a popup that made it onto our ad network, its not on the site its self. If you see this again please copy paste the URL to this thread so we can get it reported and blocked. These stupid redirects are not exclusive to lotustalk.com or the autoguide.com network its on a number of sites all over the internet and a problem with our ad partner network we are all trying to track down.
-Philip

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I visited this site. That was it. Most of the time I only browse for sale and Evora sections.
You are on android? What browser are you using? This is a popup that made it onto our ad network, its not on the site its self. If you see this again please copy paste the URL to this thread so we can get it reported and blocked. These stupid redirects are not exclusive to lotustalk.com or the autoguide.com network its on a number of sites all over the internet and a problem with our ad partner network we are all trying to track down.
-Philip
Chrome latest version. I have stock Android 9 on a pixel 2 XL

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts