The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Ouch, this Exige is local to me and I was thinking about taking a look at it.

VIN posted in ebay listing: SCCVC11127HL81466

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
fuel starvation is not a big deal. You do know that rev limiters cut fuel, right? (and ignition, but definitely fuel, as you do not want to send raw fuel into the exhasut and cat when hitting a rev limiter). So every tiem you hit the rev limiter are you hurting the engine? Of course not, hard to hurt the engine with no fuel.

No need to worry at all - I am working on fuel starvation problems with my track car and have doen a leakdown with all cylinders under 2%

·
Registered
38 Posts
i am no expert, but understand that rev limiter cuts fuel and spark, not just fuel. there are other posts about fuel starvation, where the engine provides some, but not enough fuel for proper burn, which leads to extreme lean conditions, which create extreme heat and big damage...so under certain situation, fuel starvation can be very bad.

i know nothing about the car at issue, so this post is not in response to that particular car, but in answer to the question about how bad fuel starvation can be.

·
Registered
6 Posts
For forced induction engine (Turbo or Supercharger) you do not want to run lean at boost. If the car is in a high speed corner, fuel starvation may happen due to low fuel level in the gas tank affect fuel delivery from the fuel pump. This may cause the engine to run lean during boost result in engine knock or detonation.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts