The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Updated Photos to come shortly...

1-owner car with 4,XXX miles. Clean Carfax and the only mods are a surge tank, G-Pan3, Upgraded intercooler with heat shield, battery kill switch and soft top. Photos posted are ones previous owner took so using those until the car is ready for photo shoot. Asking price is $69,900 or best offer. For more information, contact Abe at (310)221-1057 or email me at [email protected]

FYI, the side scoops are CF, previous owner had it painted in same body color. Also, he upgraded intercooler to RLS 3 chamber Intercooler shroud with ducting

Attachments

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Hey Abe - Is this the same car that was for sale in Vancouver, Washington? Beautiful car inside and out.

·
Premium Member
4,101 Posts
Man, that is nice Abe!

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Abe - Is this the same car that was for sale in Vancouver, Washington? Beautiful car inside and out.
I had to do a double take as the miles were almost identical however, it's not the same car...nice catch tho :)

Man, that is nice Abe!
Thanks, I like it too..something about those S260 Sports that really draw you in TADTS

·
Registered
607 Posts
Change of side scoops color?

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Where is the vehicle located?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
In Costa Mesa, CA

Change of side scoops color?
I'll be checking out the vehicle tomorrow (had the day off today) to see if the side scoops were replaced or painted over.

Yes, and it looks like they removed all of the badging and Sport 260 striping.
"Actually the North American 2010's didn't come with the decals present on the 2009's or 2011 Sport 260's. No rear mustache, none above the front splitter, none on the doors and no Sport 260 labels" This is a quote from Vishus 1 who believes this could be either #7 or #27...will know tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
"Actually the North American 2010's didn't come with the decals present on the 2009's or 2011 Sport 260's. No rear mustache, none above the front splitter, none on the doors and no Sport 260 labels" This is a quote from Vishus 1 who believes this could be either #7 or #27...will know tomorrow.
I have confirmed it's #27. The registry is being updated to reflect that.

·
Super Moderator
6,819 Posts

I didn't know that. They had the Lotus lettering in the back and must have had Exige decals, which have been removed.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
I didn't know that. They had the Lotus lettering in the back and must have had Exige decals, which have been removed.
Nope - the 2010's for North America came blank - no LOTUS lettering on rear, not even an Exige decal. This is how all 2010 Sport 260's came.

·
Super Moderator
6,819 Posts
Nope - the 2010's for North America came blank - no LOTUS lettering on rear, not even an Exige decal. This is how all 2010 Sport 260's came.
Huh, that's interesting. I guess that I've only paid attention to the '09s. Did they have body-colored scoops, or were those changed?

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Huh, that's interesting. I guess that I've only paid atuhtention to the '09s. Did they have body-colored scoops, or were those changed?
No, this car originally had carbon fiber side scoops. I understand your preference for the 09's, they were a diversified one year only version of the Sport 260's and have several benefits over the 2010's. But hey, they are all good, just depends on what you like and want.

·
Registered
607 Posts
No, this car originally had carbon fiber side scoops. I understand your preference for the 09's, they were a diversified one year only version of the Sport 260's and have several benefits over the 2010's. But hey, they are all good, just depends on what you like and want.
Change of scoops due to painting, or swapping, or? Other changes?

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
Needs the "LOTUS" letters put back on the rear.

·
Registered
887 Posts
What are the benefits of 2009 Vs 2010?

It's minor, but I thought it was the other way round...
2010 (Cup)
- Subframe is lighter due to paint, not galv coating
- Subframe is stiffer due to the sheer panel
- All 2010's I've seen have Ohlins fitted (some 2009's had Bilsteins)
- 2010 have a dedicated Lotus OE 5 spoke forged wheel, with machined spokes (2009 have an aftermarket TD forged multi spoke wheel)
- 2010 Exiges got a slight restyle. Up to you but I prefer it.
- 2010 had a rear spoiler with sturdy twin mounts, similar to the original S1 Exige
- 2010 A Frames can have harnesses or seat belts mounted. Some early 2009 can't mount seat belts...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts