The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking forward to discussing my evora as my daily drive ... first up, exhaust! I need the super exotic sound.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Congrats, welcome. LOTS of great info in here.

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Looking forward to discussing my evora as my daily drive ... first up, exhaust! I need the super exotic sound.
RICK! Take it from someone who researched all options. Go with plackslayers exhaust! I can get you the details and I can send u sound clips if you'd like. It's ridiculous and sounds better than a capristo on a ferrari 360.

Let me know!

Nick

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Having owned many Ferraris, a couple of porsches, and even a diablo in the past 15 years ... I absolutely love the sound of a high strung ... on the verge ... F1 style ... sound. I am not sure that is possible with the Evora, but i am willing to find out. What I loved most about my last Elise (the one modded in the sig) was how it sounded at 8500 rpms with the 330rwhp.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BTW, I am not a fan of deep american muscle car sounds ... or the fart can ... I am thinking motorcycle sound from a v6.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Having owned many Ferraris, a couple of porsches, and even a diablo in the past 15 years ... I absolutely love the sound of a high strung ... on the verge ... F1 style ... sound. I am not sure that is possible with the Evora, but i am willing to find out. What I loved most about my last Elise (the one modded in the sig) was how it sounded at 8500 rpms with the 330rwhp.
Do you have any YouTube videos of what your last Elise sounded like?

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Shameless self glorification :)

Not a plack pipe or remotely stock, and not quite Ferrari flat plane crank, but not bad for a Camry v6. Pardon the poor quality

·
Registered
795 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The video starts after a few, but you can not really hear the exhaust due to the position and the turbo whistle.

I am interested in something much louder and more exotic.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I know this is just a pipe dream ...

But I find this sound intoxicating:

or

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
pics or it did not happen :p

love my 2011 Evora

Welcome to the club

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I will post some pics ... but I am sure you all have already seen this evora. Car is in transport ... will give pics late

·
Registered
795 Posts

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
There's an exhaust available for the Evora that's rather pricey (about $4-$5k) that has no weight advantage but supposedly sounds the best. Someone was trying to do a group buy about a year ago. Anyone recall the name? I know there's an Evora video for that exhaust.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
There's an exhaust available for the Evora that's rather pricey (about $4-$5k) that has no weight advantage but supposedly sounds the best. Someone was trying to do a group buy about a year ago. Anyone recall the name? I know there's an Evora video for that exhaust.
Kreisseg. I probably spelled that wrong.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
that is probably as close as I can expect ... but wow that is pricy!

·
Registered
385 Posts
That sounds amazing! Looks like they make one for the Exige too. Hmmm....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts