The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From ww111 here on the forum. 2005, 22k miles, chrome orange, carbon fiber front clam, Sector 111 rear toe braces, carbon fiber driver's seat, mini rear view mirror, five point harnesses, gPan, and both tops.

Here are a few pictures.

·
Premium Member
2,845 Posts
Congrats, and welcome aboard hypnoLund! When does Luna get her first ride, sir?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Let's see if it works now...

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Very exciting! We should go for a cruise this weekend.
That would be great. Esprit Mike wants to see it. I have a child's birthday party to swing by on Sunday, but I would be free after 2:30. Perhaps we can drive our Elises out to Mike's place, for a nice suburban Lotus overload?

·
Registered
272 Posts
Congrats! :clap:

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
It'll take about another 13 months for the orange to take over the black.....be patient.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Congrats on the car! Rare to see that CF clam. I grew up in upstate NY...went to RIT. Awesome to see Rochester getting more Lotus owners!

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Congrats on the car! Rare to see that CF clam. I grew up in upstate NY...went to RIT. Awesome to see Rochester getting more Lotus owners!
Oh cool! I am an RIT graduate myself; information technology. You?

Yeah, I'm glad to be joining the Lotus owner ranks. There's a pretty number of us. I know four Elise owners personally, and I know there are more. There are also two Esprits that I am aware of.

congrats on the elise, it looks ready to hit the track with the harness and toe link brace
It has been tracked quite a bit by the previous owner. He is an instructor at Watkins Glen, and will be instructing me when I do my first track day, possibly later this year.

Can you not paint the front clip to match the car? Looks very odd!
I suppose I could, but I like it.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Haha. I promise you can paint carbon fiber parts. It's not much different than painting fiberglass.

I always see black body panels on stuff and to me it looks like the primered crash replacement tins vs anything else. Looks even worse on the Elise cause it doesn't really follow the body lines even.

No. Carbon fiber is impossible to paint. Little known fact.

San

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,594 Posts
Haha. I promise you can paint carbon fiber parts. It's not much different than painting fiberglass.

I always see black body panels on stuff and to me it looks like the primered crash replacement tins vs anything else. Looks even worse on the Elise cause it doesn't really follow the body lines even.
I was obviously being sarcastic. His ride, he can do as he likes.

San

1 - 20 of 20 Posts