The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey

just got back home from Open Road Honda and I picked up a new 2008 Civic Si with navigation.... black on black....

Very surprised with it...it drives really smooth and it has decent accelleration for an everyday car. Going to use it to commute to work.

The reason why i bought it is because I just sold my 2000 Celica GT-S which was my everyday commuting to work car....the motor blew last week... :shrug:

Anyway....very nice car for someone looking for a daily and wants to spend like 20k give or take for a car all said and done.

The navi system from Honda puts the one in my Benz to shame....

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Black on black should look nice. :up: Good DD. What wheels you going with? You can't get a Si and not have a decent set of wheels on it...

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the wheels look stock...whatever the default honda wheels are....they look like 17's though...

Oh yea its a Sedan too....

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I looked at the cooper today too! LOL funny you mentioned that. I love the Cooper S but I just didnt want another "small" car, although i was surprised at the space thats hidden in that little car. I drove it and it rides GREAT too...My Fiance fell in love with the convertable.

·
Registered
431 Posts
The LX with the automatic has an estimated 36mpg! Weird the LX with the manual transmission is rated at 34mpg. We drive 42 miles one way to work which is why we're looking at the LX over the Si. I'm trying to find a white one to look at but pretty sure black will be the color. I'd be all over the Scion TC as a daily driver but has the same mpg as the Si.

Yea very surprised at that too...21 city 29 highway on the Si. I am sure the LX is better too

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LOL true i have to take some pics of it....i should of done it when it nice and clean on saturday after the dealer prepped it...

I'll see if I can take some today or tomorrow...hopefully by the time i get out of work today it will still be nice out.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Congrats, a very good and fun to drive DD. I looked at one and decided to get an Accord 6 speed coupe instead because I need a larger back seat and trunk (and I like the 3.5 V6). Nice tranny, isn't it?

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
The LX with the automatic has an estimated 36mpg! Weird the LX with the manual transmission is rated at 34mpg. We drive 42 miles one way to work which is why we're looking at the LX over the Si. I'm trying to find a white one to look at but pretty sure black will be the color. I'd be all over the Scion TC as a daily driver but has the same mpg as the Si.

Let's be realistic. The only difference between the automatic and the manual is how YOU shift. If you shift better (meaning with economy in mind) than the automatic, you should expect to see better fuel mileage.

That's why EPA estimates can be deceiving...

·
Registered
245 Posts
2007 Lotus Elise = 24/29 mpg
2008 Honda Civic Si = 21/29 mpg

Soooo.... You're daily commuter car get worse gas mileage than your fun sports car? LOL j/k :nanner:

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
2007 Lotus Elise = 24/29 mpg
2008 Honda Civic Si = 21/29 mpg

Soooo.... You're daily commuter car get worse gas mileage than your fun sports car? LOL j/k :nanner:
remember the EPA changed the way it does the testing...the 08 elise is rated 21/27....

nice choice on the civic..even though you could have bought it from a better dealer :)

·
Registered
744 Posts
Great choice on the Si, it's basically the same as my RSX-S, great engine.. I wish that engiine was in the Elise... oh.. maybe I shouldn't say this..

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
i looked at the SI....didn't buy it BECAUSE IT WAS TOO HARD TO GET INTO AND OUT OF!!
haw haw, i bought an elise the following year...
go figure, o the perfidy of man!......rotfl
of course, the elise isn't really my DD.
sam

1 - 20 of 35 Posts