The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Congrats on this purchase. Care to share impressions? :)

·
Registered
337 Posts
I sat in one at the dealership-----

My STI---seemed like it had more room----and I eat food in my STI---throw empty soda cans in the back----wouldn't do that in a new Lexus....

BUT.....so how is the damn thing...thought feelings.....

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Nice looking car. Haven't seen one on the road yet.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Great car, I had one for a week about three months ago, liked it a lot. Very fast and a fantastic automatic transmission!

You can burn off the tires pretty easily rotfl

·
Registered
817 Posts
Nice car... last month's Car & Driver had a comparo between the IS-F and a BMW M-3. The BMW won out, but they still liked the IS a lot. I think it's better quality and will last longer than the bimmer. Congrats!

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
I happen to love Lexus's, AKA Toyota's, which is why i bought one. I think the new Lexus looks great.
I was going to drive the one at the l.a. auto show where they let you i guess just floor it on a dyno, but they breathalyzed me and i was too drunk too push down a pedal :shrug: Anyways it sounded pretty mean, i am very intrested on your thoughts - power delivery and handling mainly. I havent seen one on the road yet either but i dont see much out here in hawaii.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Nice car... last month's Car & Driver had a comparo between the IS-F and a BMW M-3. The BMW won out, but they still liked the IS a lot. I think it's better quality and will last longer than the bimmer. Congrats!
I test drove an IS320 and a new 3 series back to back and I think the BMW is a better handling car. I agree that the Lexus will last alot longer. I have had an X-5 and 528i which spent alot of their lives in the shop. I sold my 2001 528i to my stepfather a couple years ago and he is currently in the process of replacing the motor because the fan blade broke and punctured a whole in the radiator. He failed to notice the temp gauge rising until the car shut off. The car only had 75k miles on it and now he is paying 10k to fix it.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I was going to drive the one at the l.a. auto show where they let you i guess just floor it on a dyno, but they breathalyzed me and i was too drunk too push down a pedal :shrug: Anyways it sounded pretty mean, i am very intrested on your thoughts - power delivery and handling mainly. I havent seen one on the road yet either but i dont see much out here in hawaii.
Where in Hawaii are you?

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Nice Camry!
You do know your lotus has a toyota motor.

The Is-F is a great car. It will have Probably ZERO problems and never have to go back to the dealership. Compared to the more Expensive M3 inwhich will have to be at the dealerhsip more than a handful of times.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Where in Hawaii are you?
I'm currently living on the North Shore of Oahu. Right accross the street from velyzland beach ( just past sunset beach) . I'm going back to california on friday to start looking at school options again and get back in my lotus. It's been 3 months and all I"ve had to drive is my 96 isuzu hombre :sad:

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
Looks sharp. You'll have to give me a ride some time. Did you get it locally?

·
Registered
425 Posts
You do know your lotus has a toyota motor.

The Is-F is a great car. It will have Probably ZERO problems and never have to go back to the dealership. Compared to the more Expensive M3 inwhich will have to be at the dealerhsip more than a handful of times.
I thought my Lotus had a Lexus/Yamaha motor retuned by lotus?

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
wow, 340whp stock? Nice!

1 - 20 of 82 Posts